Like Tree6Likes

Opera HK release their 2016 program

Closed Thread

Do they give sensibly designed performances per the Met? I mean I'm not going to pay to see Cosi Fan Tutti performed in bondage gear or Nazi uniforms?

Thanks jrkob... Sounds like I should give them a go. Looked back through the past performances and clearly they are just about due for a Cav/Pag.

Original Post Deleted
    Thank you for the heads up Jrkob. I love Gounod's music, and have yet to see Puccini's Madame Butterfly. Otello, not so sure, plus I may have left HK by then. I was never a fan of the play, Otello ( acted in a segment during my senior school year for finals). I still regret missing the Barber of Seville ( saw at Sydney Opera House back in 2005) at La Scala last year when I all too briefly visited Milan.

Although not classical opera per se, but all to well known and revered for his performances in rock musicals and operettas, RIP Jon English yesterday. Best known for his outstanding performances in Jesus Christ superstar, HMS Pinafore and Pirates of Penzance as well as actor in TV and movies, avid supporter of music and the performing arts in Australia.