Like Tree11Likes

Cost of going to the movies

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I would goto cinema more if they didnt turn them into an industrial freezer!! I always have to bring a northface coat to the cinema.

wtbhotia and mrdollars like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wumao:
    Having children and moving somewhere inaccessible by MTR, requiring you to get a car, are all individual choices with consequences. That these choices should somehow be subsidized by people who have not made those choices is a good example of the bizarre kind of entitlement culture some people have today.
    actually, i live in fanling, mtr is only 7 minutes walk, but the advantage for me, a bit more affordable parking space and more importantly bigger apartment place for me and my family as well as nice scenic views of hills and greenry , as you know in hk, everything is about compromise and what suits your needs

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    actually, i live in fanling, mtr is only 7 minutes walk, but the advantage for me, a bit more affordable parking space and more importantly bigger apartment place for me and my family as well as nice scenic views of hills and greenry , as you know in hk, everything is about compromise and what suits your needs
    I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just saying that in your situation it would be nonsensical to complain about the price of parking if you've made the choice of getting a car. A car means comfort, and you're paying for that comfort. If you don't want to pay, sell the car and take the MTR. Super simple. Some people however seem to think that having a car or living wherever they want is a human right.

Quote Originally Posted by WMDS:
    I would goto cinema more if they didnt turn them into an industrial freezer!! I always have to bring a northface coat to the cinema.
    Too right! Completely prevents spur of them moment trips while out unless I happen to be carrying a Cardigan or wrap. Completely crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by wumao:
    I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just saying that in your situation it would be nonsensical to complain about the price of parking if you've made the choice of getting a car. A car means comfort, and you're paying for that comfort. If you don't want to pay, sell the car and take the MTR. Super simple. Some people however seem to think that having a car or living wherever they want is a human right.
    on the other hand, places like megabox, times square ( as i have been informed) , elements ( one of the best value subsidised car parking), whamphoa, yoho and festival city have great subsidised/cheap car parking,

Why are the cinemas so unbelievably cold in HK?

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:

Shame, with young kids, I rarely go to the cinema nowadays
    I don't even have kids and rarely go to the cinema these days. Time and cost, also the cinema at City Gate is being closed down - never get time to head back into Central or over to Kowloon.

I love a trip to the flicks myself...I am lucky and live within walking distance of AMC Admiralty so often do a spontaneous weekend fix if there is anything decent on and might even shell out for a hotdog. I am a singleton though so much easier and cheaper for me.

Empire Leicester Square is over HK$225 per ticket for comparison.....and not all that either

imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AGxM:

Empire Leicester Square is over HK$225 per ticket for comparison.....and not all that either
    and the car parking charges in that area make hk$60 an hour here look like a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by AGxM:
    I love a trip to the flicks myself...I am lucky and live within walking distance of AMC Admiralty so often do a spontaneous weekend fix if there is anything decent on and might even shell out for a hotdog. I am a singleton though so much easier and cheaper for me.

it's only 9 quid in Birmingham with dolby atmos 128 channel sound