Like Tree44Likes

Aarghh my daughter wants to go to Ocean Park !

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    It sure was convenient taking 6 ppl to Ocean Park from Clear water bay and Chai Wan pick up, the family gets out and goes into the Park and I get stuck sitting in the damm thing trying to park it LOL. The other thread was moaning about movie ticket prices, not my car which I have 2 off now, got a freebie woohooo
    Next time, park at One Island South - 5 min walk to Ocean Park.
    wtbhotia and civil_servant like this.

I took my kids to Ocean Park a couple of months ago. I have been most years, starting ten years ago and the crowds have definitely got worse. Ten years ago they had the other entrance open and I found it better to start the day there. No choice, these days, but the main entrance is now bigger and the funicular train to the top of the hill is a better bet for crowd-avoidance than the cable car. Cable car on the way down is definitely the way to go.

As I had experienced long queues last year, and had two small children in tow this year, I went ahead and bought FasTrack passes ($150 per person). In the end we used them only once: to skip the queues at the Grand Aquarium. Still, I was glad I had them and I would definitely recommend them.

(edit - I disagree with the advice in the 'ultimate guide', above, that states you should avoid public holidays like the plague. Indeed, pick the right holiday and everyone is off setting hill fires or visiting relatives to play endless rounds of Mahjong so you get the park to yourself)

Last edited by M Khan; 20-04-2016 at 01:48 PM.
    Rob2020 and Lord Dashwood like this.

A side of me regretted getting the FasTrack passes, considering we used them only once, but I beat that side down with a big stick, tied it up in a burlap sack and dropped it in the harbour.

My sons absolutely love the penguins but it can be a bit hit-or-miss. When the penguins are in fine form, they're darting around underwater and popping up, unexpectedly, through holes. When we went, last time, though, they just sat there and chilled (pun intended). The seals and sea lions are fun, too.

When (if) you go to see the pandas, remember there are two panda habitats: the new one and the rubbish one. Choose wisely.

jrkob and Lord Dashwood like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Next time, park at One Island South - 5 min walk to Ocean Park.
    Ocean Park has car park reservation that I didnt KNOW about, next time will book in advance so no more waiting around like a driver

https://ticketing.oceanpark.com.hk/o...ntCode/OPCP01/
    Editor and Lord Dashwood like this.

Have you tried being a parent? (Hint; say no.)

Aarghh my daughter wants to go to Ocean Park !

Is Ocean Park OK to go in possibly rainy weather like this Saturday (equipped with umbrella and rain coat if needed)?

Forecast
    Forecast 30/4 - 21-24° Cloudy with a few rain patches. East force 3 to 4, force 5 at first. RH: 80-95%

I am willing to give it a second try this Saturday with the little one, using Stu79's recipe for mass migration avoidance

@100LL - Keep in mind it is a long holiday weekend!

100LL likes this.

That's what my wife said too :/ guess I have to postpone then. My thinking was Sat + rain means less "tourists".

Ocean Park has a Panda Offer: Panda-riffic Name Matching
    Promotion period: 1 to 31 May, 2016

Check your HKID card now to see if you qualify for this bear-rific promotion! If one of the characters or letters in your name (Chinese or English) matches any of the characters or letters below, you can get a 20% discount on admission tickets. If 2 or even more non repeating characters or letters match your name, you can enjoy 25% off your admission!

Characters for Chinese name: 熊、盈、樂、安、佳
    Letters for English name: P, A, N, D, A

Panda Offer: Panda-riffic Name Matching | Ocean Park Hong Kong

chuckster007 likes this.

@mingming woohoo I have two letter, 25% discount here I come