Like Tree44Likes

Aarghh my daughter wants to go to Ocean Park !

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Original Post Deleted
    Believe all names on the HKID card.

Aarghh my daughter wants to go to Ocean Park !

So I finally went to Ocean Park with the little one today.

Got there at 9:45, lined up until exactly 10:00. Lucky to be the 10th or so in line, because I turned around a few minutes later and couldn't see the end of the lines. MASSIVE amount of people behind us.

We "rushed" to the train that goes to the summit and that only took a few minutes.

However, to our disappointment we found that everything up top only opens at 11 AM during the weekdays. With the exception of the Pacific Pier (Seals) and the Ocean Park Tower lift thing. Before 11 we already saw the lines forming from a distance :/

Name:  ImageUploadedByGeoClicks1462963576.634243.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  451.7 KB

Last edited by 100LL; 11-05-2016 at 06:46 PM.
    jrkob and civil_servant like this.

Wow I have 6 letters.

But I don't give anyone money where they hold animals in captivity and certainly not trained animals.

Quote Originally Posted by 100LL:
    So I finally went to Ocean Park with the little one today.

Got there at 9:45, lined up until exactly 10:00. Lucky to be the 10th or so in line, because I turned around a few minutes later and couldn't see the end of the lines. MASSIVE amount of people behind us.

We "rushed" to the train that goes to the summit and that only took a few minutes.

However, to our disappointment we found that everything up top only opens at 11 AM during the weekdays. With the exception of the Pacific Pier (Seals) and the Ocean Park Tower lift thing. Before 11 we already saw the lines forming from a distance :/

Name:  ImageUploadedByGeoClicks1462963576.634243.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  451.7 KB
    Wow, that's new.

A few things were closed but you were always able to get into the penguins and the North Pole exhibition as well as the rainforest bit before.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu79:
    Wow, that's new.

A few things were closed but you were always able to get into the penguins and the North Pole exhibition as well as the rainforest bit before.
    I asked some dude guarding one of these 11AM signs and he said it's weekday from 11 and weekend from 10. Not sure when that started.
    chuckster007 and Stu79 like this.

It think it's 'golden week' in china so I'd have expected the PRC crowds. Sounds like it wasn't that bad.

Thanks to your update I'll be taking my little one there again soon, a good reminder. Weather is also getting nicer (anything less than < 30°C is great, <25°C and blue sky would be perfect I guess).

What's the age limit on that diving thing?

Yeah it's holidays in a China now and crowds of mainlanders in HK at the moment so I'd expect huge crowds at Ocean Park. I work on top of harbour city TST which on an average day already has a lot of mainlanders but this week has been extra nuts and I can't even go downstairs and get my lunch in peace

Looks like I'll be going some time on the third week of October with some visitors. I've been trying to make use of the info on this thread but I don't know how the Halloween events affect attendance and prices.

It seems that there are certain days this month where the park is open until late, around 11pm with extra activities and shows. Are these covered by regular ticket prices or are there additional fees to stay in the park beyond the regular hours, will I need to book ahead due to larger crowds for these days?

Quote Originally Posted by sammy113:
    It seems that there are certain days this month where the park is open until late, around 11pm with extra activities and shows. Are these covered by regular ticket prices or are there additional fees to stay in the park beyond the regular hours, will I need to book ahead due to larger crowds for these days?
    Additional fees and massive crowds... Can be a lot of fun if you fancy that sort of thing, though.

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    Additional fees and massive crowds... Can be a lot of fun if you fancy that sort of thing, though.
    I thought the same thing based on what I'd heard in the past, but then I had a look at the park website and it states on the halloween page that regular 385hkd admission tickets include full day and night access to the park. There is also a higher rate for a premium ticket that includes priority access and fast track options but I don't think it's necessary to be able to stay after regular park hours.

Could someone help me clarify this. Between the purple background and the stupid shaking animation, I can't stay on the page for more than 2 minutes without feeling sick.