Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Claire ex-ax

DO NOT BUY or REDEEM tickets at the Hong Kong Arts Center!

Closed Thread

Angry DO NOT BUY or REDEEM tickets at the Hong Kong Arts Center!

Staff might provide you with false information only to then deny you a refund and claim that you are a liar!

They have no regards for customer satisfaction or for common sales practice.

My case: On the 31st of May, 2016, I redeemed my online Urbtix tickets at the Wan Chai Ticketing Office of the Hong Kong Arts Center. While there, the HKAC Staff pointed out that the show would be at the Kwai Tsing Theatre (located in Kwai Fong) and proceeded to print a map and address for that location.

On the night of the show, my girlfriend and I proceeded to the Kwai Tsing Theatre where we were to find out that the show was actually not there but in Tsim Sha Tsui! After expressing our disappointment for missing the show due to being told the wrong location, Ticketing Staff blatantly refused us a refund, claiming against all logic that "the customer deliberately asked for Kwai Tsing Theatre location’ and that we were lying to receive our money back. Since that time, the HKAC Managers have continued to back their employee's lie and refuse us a refund.

Currently, we have filed a Consumer Council complaint (which is ongoing) and the case is being filed at the Wan Chai Small Claim District Office Court. In the meantime, we would suggest that you as a consumer be cautious about purchasing or redeeming tickets at the Hong Kong Arts Center and choose other locations instead.

Wishing you a great day!

A Concerned Customer.

It takes about 15 minutes in a cab to get from the Kwai Fong theatre to TST. Why didn't you just do that?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

When we buy Arts Festival tickets, the events are always at various venues. We check the venue, which is clearly stated on the tickets, a day or so before the event because who can remember when you purchased them six months earlier.

I am shocked that the tickets you got did not have this information on them, and that no flyers, websites, etc. for the event listed the venue, because if the venue information was available in various places you would have seen it, right?

Nep likes this.

Right?

Seems it's completely different, but I've had issues with staff at the HKAPA box office (it's another box office outlet...). I forget exactly, but I can only remember I've been very frustrated there with very rude staff. So sympathies to the OP. Sounds like it was the staff's misleading mistake, but his own mistake for not verifying the information (which we all don't do carefully enough from time to time). Unfortunately customer service in HK isn't the type that would apologize and reimburse if indeed it the evidence of the mistake lies with the customer. Live and learn!

You'll never see businesses making mistakes in your own financial favor here! Heck, restaurants will make change mistakes and then demand BACK the money...