Like Tree6Likes

For those who are not the LKF type...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

For those who are not the LKF type...

Hey everyone,

I moved to HK about 5 months ago, and aside from the people I work with I've struggled to find people who enjoy the same kind of things that I do...

As the title suggests, I'm not the LKF type! I and I was hoping that people might be able to share alternative places to go for nights out?

I'm looking for night that play good electro, 70's, 80's music, indie or alternative rock. Basically anything that isn't low rent pop!

Any suggestions would be massively appreciated and if you are in the same boat, get in touch and maybe we could get a group of people together.

Worth noting that I'm a teacher and therefore on a budget and I know 4 other people who'd be keen, so its a start!

Thanks everyone for your help

are you looking for live music or just background music pre-recorded?

imparanoic likes this.

Have you tried social dancing? There are many places you can go social dancing. Most of them are bars. There's one ballroom called Maison Eight in TST. They have salsa and bachata music. I have seen dancers at all levels so it's okay if you're a beginner.

Tea addict likes this.

We have had coldplay twice, oasis twice, my chemical romance, red hot chilli pepper, Mars Volta, Muse twice, xx, green day, snow patrol gigs here

Also libertines, feeder, placebo, suede has been here 5 times (strange following here for suede, sell out prices but very popular, while in uk, no one S their gigs)

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    Also libertines, feeder, placebo, suede has been here 5 times (strange following here for suede, sell out prices but very popular, while in uk, no one S their gigs)
    It feels like a lot more....
    imparanoic and drumbrake like this.

Take a look at meetup.com There are all sorts of types of groups, many of which involve social nights out. Others are sporting, hiking, games, scrabble etc etc etc. Good way to meet non-work people. Most of the events are free.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    It feels like a lot more....
    Apparently they have been in Hk 6 times as they were here last month

Honestly, HK is such a desert. There's zero cool stuff going on. Unlike Taipei, Tokyo, Da Nang etc. I don't get it

Quote Originally Posted by seanmaloney:
    Honestly, HK is such a desert. There's zero cool stuff going on. Unlike Taipei, Tokyo, Da Nang etc. I don't get it
    What goes on in Da Nang? I may go there next month.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast