Recommendations for Wedding Jazz Band

Closed Thread

Recommendations for Wedding Jazz Band

Hi

I'm getting married early next year. We're looking for live bands to play during the reception and banquet. Can anyone recommend any good Jazz Bands and the cost?

Thanks in advance.

Wedding day assistance

Congratulations, Toygal88!

I assume that you have already found a Jazz band for your wedding. When is your big day? My partner and I are starting a wedding planning company and seeking weds-to-be to help create our portfolio. We were born and raised in HK, educated and worked in Canada, Switzerland, US and UK. We also have prior event and wedding planning experiences and are very passionate and professional about what we do.

We are wondering if we can offer some assistance on your wedding day like being an event manager to keep track of timing of events and ensure everything works out as scheduled. We will do that for free since you are helping us create our portfolio. Look forward to hear back from you. Thanks!

Are you looking for a big band or something like a trio/quartet (keyboards, drums, bass, + guitar/sax/whatever)?

if the former then there are limited choices - I don't know if the Saturday Night Jazz Orchestra or the Stray Catz do weddings.

If you want a smaller group then someone like Allen Youngblood (Music Director at the FCC amongst other things) should be able to put a group together for you - I know he does weddings quite often. You can contact him as jazbalaya<at>hotmail.com

EDIT - just seen this is a couple of months old so maybe too late now for the OP. Apologies for following up to a blatent tout for business by the wedding planners (who also didn't notice the date I guess).

MatchNFusion, my fiance and I have already employed the services of a wedding planner but anyhow, we thank you so much for your generosity. It was a very nice gesture and we wish you all the best in your new business.

Happy New Year!!

Thanks for your reply, toygal88. I wish you a wonderful and memorable wedding.