Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By East_coast
  • 1 Post By Skyhook
  • 4 Post By rickyross

Trainspotting 2 - It better not be shite

Closed Thread

Trainspotting 2 - It better not be shite

Trainspotting is 20 years old and there is a new one...

DirtyHairy and Skyhook like this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Trainspotting is 20 years old and there is a new one...

Pals have seen it in the U.K. Verdict...okay, if you saw the first, you have to watch the second...but it relies way too much on the first for noobs.

The pals who reviewed it are film buffs, (One is a professional film critic, the other is a senior editor...used to work with Guy Richie, yadah, yadah...), they weren't enthusiastic...I'm not excited.

My ex and many of my pals went to Glasgow uni. around that time so when I saw Trainspotting I felt a kind of connection, if that makes sense...these neds were everywhere, probably still are...

2017 is looking like a cracking year for film, lots of good stuff coming out..

Trainspotting 2 no exception.

rickyross likes this.

Came in wondering why @East_coast had such high expectations for a weak typhoon in January...

The original movie was about some unemployed scottish heroin addicts who liked to shove drugs up their bum and watch trains roll by, if I recall correctly.

Whats the new one about? Older addicts or newer trains or better drugs?

My Scottish husband is desperate to see Trainspotting 2 as the original film is one of his all time favourites - he's a big fan of both Danny Boyle and Irvine Welsh.

I understand it is a sequel to the first film, featuring some of the original characters. Not due out in HK till March though.

Can't wait to see Begbie again. What a lovable psychopath.

https://youtu.be/FM17pI4o7Hg