Relatively Empty LKF!!!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

You're looking to buy while the market is undervalued then?

Quote Originally Posted by sylvesterjay:
    Which got me thinking about all these bankers losing their jobs...what happens to all their little "buy me stuff" girlfriends?
    They all moved to Bangkok as its cheaper, Saw a bunch of bankers with their buy me stuff gf's at the Peninsula at the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    They all moved to Bangkok as its cheaper, Saw a bunch of bankers with their buy me stuff gf's at the Peninsula at the weekend.
    How did you know they were bankers?

Just remembered a humourous little anecdote of my own.

10 years ago, I got into a car accident with my ex's car. As she had previously had a recent accident, I didn't want her insurance to go up with another claim, so I agreed to pay the damages out of my own pocket.

In an extremely unusual gesture for her, she offered to cut back on her shopping to help with the budget tightening.

The 2 friends that were kindly giving us a ride home were floored at my response and I'm told, to this day, I am still their hero.

Without missing a beat, I looked up with the cheshire cat grin and said...

"So there is an upside to this tragedy!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    How did you know they were bankers?
    Because they were talking shop and seeing which banks might get them back in the market etc

as long as they are still taking their gf's to places like the Peninsula, they will continue to have gf's. But! Once the wining and dining stops as the money dries up, how long do you think they will stick around?

Sorry, have I lived in HK too long? Colour me jaded.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Because they were talking shop and seeing which banks might get them back in the market etc
    exciting conversation as ever then!...

it is really funny cos being in banking for quite a while now, I have yet to meet one banker as you guys describe....oh well guess it's life...

Anyway back to the LKF thing I suppose the Oxfam TrailWalker played a role, knowing that a fair number of Blue Chip, Law firms and Banks had teams competing in the event (yes bankers can walk/run and not only drink in LKF and buy stuff for their so called gf)

Thank-you Mat for the refreshing view.
    I was starting to think my hubby was an oasis in the middle of a desert.
    Yes, there are dodgey bankers with yellow fever and deep pockets running around, but lets not stereotype.

On a funny note, a 'friend' of ours has recently cut back spending his local bit of fluff. Less international flights, fewer trips to the shopping centres, no shoes or handbags for over a month now. And goodness gracious, she's running out of her Body Shop shower gels. It appears the local fluffies are suffering along with their walking ATM's.

Quote Originally Posted by melbourne_kim:
    I was starting to think my hubby was an oasis in the middle of a desert.
    He must be much in demand amongst his mates for advice on how to construct the cover story then...