Relatively Empty LKF!!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Relatively Empty LKF!!!

Last night after 12 I was at LKF with few friends for few beers and for the first time ever I noticed that its relatively empty and that too on a friday night. Are ppl fed up of LKF party scene or what?
    I mean usually on weekends not just the bars/pubs, but the damn street's full of ppl with drinks in their hands and its darn difficult to even pass through the sea of men n women.
    But, last night the street was empty, the bars were less crowded and infact there was SPACE to move in and out or dance if one fancied.
    Is it just me who noticed this or others have too...

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    Are ppl fed up of LKF party scene or what?
    I avoid LKF on weekends because of the crowds. It just gets old after a while.

Economic crisis? People feeling poor because of losing money on the stock market? Fewer bankers as they lost jobs? Sounds like an interesting indicator - perhaps others can comment next week and see if it's a one-off or a trend.....

Halloween withdrawls? US elections withdrawls? Freshers Flu? Or maybe all the Man-U fans just went home.

At the rate that banking staff are facing the AXE at the moment, I'd say LKF is going to be missing quiet a few of its habitual regulars.. Saving money while they still can, before they get shipped off back home..

HSBC has just announced another 900 more lay offs, on top of the 100 it let go, a month ago..

Last edited by Skyhook; 09-11-2008 at 01:24 PM.

dbs has also announced 900 plus layoffs

I also know quite some people who did the Maclehose last Friday / Saturday ... and who sometimes go for drinks too (and many other who didn't participate who were going to the NT to support their friends, husbands, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Star Gazer:
    dbs has also announced 900 plus layoffs
    That would mean LKF should have been rammed. The financial crisis won't affect LKF too much as the majority will ride it out by getting bladdered. The perfect memory remedy!

Went to Shenzhen (Partying) on Friday and came back on Sunday with a bunch of lads. Man was its packed and who said Shenzhen was cheap to partie, went to some bars and each table had minimum fee's rainging from RMB 800 to 3500. Bottles of Jack Daniels were charging for RMB 1180 without mixers, Macallan Whiskey was going for RMB 1300 and most tables had 2 to 3 bottles of booze on it. I dont think the mainlanders know that their is a Financial crises going on right now.

Went to Shekou on Saturday night, and the best bars were full of people, it reminded me of Dust Till Dawn in Wan Chai, where its takes you 1/2 hour to get to the toilet as it just jam packed.

I saw a t-shirt yesterday, "No money - No honey"

Which got me thinking about all these bankers losing their jobs...what happens to all their little "buy me stuff" girlfriends?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast