Like Tree74Likes

Ripped off in Wanchai

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Ladies drinks in the normal discos and bars where lots of foriegn girls hang out are in the range of 150 to 250 for a single cocktail drink which the girl gets like 70 - 100 back, still cheaper than curtain bars
    I'm wondering if the waitresses and bartenders don't get a piece of that action as well. I hope I don't sound like I'm trying to dole out blame to everyone but myself (I shouldn't have gone to Wanchai drunk at midnight in the first place, and definitely shouldn't have become separated from my friend) but I'm wondering how they can let someone obviously fucked up charge up so much money on so many separate transactions, especially given the reputation that Wanchai has for being a place where people get dosed with GHB and god knows what to make them susceptible to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    @ Mes Amis - wow ..this was supposed to be one of the more "normal" bar around....
    See Flirting with disaster|HongKong Focus|chinadaily.com.cn

From that article - "You have no friends when you're alone in Wanchai."
    Isn't that the truth.

Mat, Cwbguy and DrWho like this.

Quote Originally Posted by big_panda:
    Yup aware it exists - curtain bar usually spring to mind but mes amis didn't know!
    DrWho likes this.

Some say that if you don't wake up wandering aimlessly around with no more money and no memory you haven't really been out in Wan Chai.

Mat and DrWho like this.

@ Mes Amis - wow ..this was supposed to be one of the more "normal" bar around....
    Lol, how can a bar with a French sounding name be normal ?

Yup aware it exists - curtain bar usually spring to mind but mes amis didn't know!
    I guess it kind of makes sense. You go there thinking it's a "normal"bar, so less on the lookout for all the dodgy shit that happens in the curtain bars .
    Mat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Absolutely report to the police and follow up with the bars. If you make enough fuss they might waive some charges to avoid bad publicity - particularly if they are "more reputable" as you suggest.
    If I recall that correctly, a few years ago Air Canada forbid some staff to go to certain bars in Wanchai because of drugging problems and staff couldn't fly next day (or something like that)

The other option is still to go to Wanchai but be selective who you drink with....

Thank fook I know the bar ppl and the security guys in Wan Chai

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast