Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By haftl31

Netflix - HK vs USA

Closed Thread

Netflix - HK vs USA

Does anyone know if there are significantly more movie options with Netflix HK vs whats availabile in HK with a usa account? Trying to decide if its sorth adding a second account

I'd presume the USA account in HK would require using VPN tricks to persuade them that they're streaming to a US location. In any case, the listing of Netflix-produced movies displayed as available in the US are:

• ANON
    • The Rain
    • New Legends of Monkey
    • Psychokinesis
    • John Mulaney at Radio City
    • The Week Of
    • 3%
    • Cloverfield Paradox
    • Troy Fall of a City
    • Altered Carbon
    • Aggretsuko
    • ManHunt Directed by John Woo
    • Bright
    • Mute
    • Fullmetal Alchemist
    • SAFE
    • The Outsider
    • Series of Unfortunate Events
    • Evil Genius
    • Spectral
    • Money Heist
    • Frankenstein Chronicles
    • DARK
    • Ravenous
    • 1922 (Stephen King)
    • Travelers
    • The Open House
    • Before I Wake
    • SWORDGAI The Animation
    • Lost in Space (2018)
    • Voltron
    • Black Mirror
    • Stranger Things
    • The Discovery
    • Godzilla Planet of the Monsters

And a small sampling of other movies not made by Netflix:

• Beyond Skyline
    • TREMORS A Cold Day in Hell
    • TREMORS 5 Bloodlines
    • REVOLT
    • Hellboy II
    • Tale of Tales
    • Desolation
    • Doctor Strange
    • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
    • Day of the Dead Bloodline
    • Black Lightning
    • Despicable Me 3
    • Bourne Ultimatum
    • Jeepers Creepers 3
    • Captain America Civil War

Is HK's Netflix listing all of the above?

I think the Netflix produced ones are available in both places, as Netflix owns the rights. The movies produced by others is where the issue is. I think the studios only give Netflix the rights to stream in certain countries. As to the VPN, my understanding is that used to work, but Netflix blocks you if you have VPN activated. I'm sure there's a work around, but I haven't seen it yet. What I've been told is you can download movies while in the US and then watch them later when in Hong Kong (or anywhere else)

shri likes this.

You don't need two accounts (US/HK). The accounts can roam to whatever Netflix detects as a valid consumer IP address in whatever country.

We use dns service to watch the US Netflix and yes the amount of titles in HK is significantly lower than the USA.
    However interestingly, some Netflix original titles like Better Call Sam or The Ranch, are available earlier in HK then in the USA Netflix, but, that's just a tiny number and doesn't change the fact the USA Netflix is much better in terms of titles. Currently I am hooked on to Midsomer Murders (I know I know) which is not available in HK Netflix. Not to mention loads of Indian titles that I can find on the USA one.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    You don't need two accounts (US/HK). The accounts can roam to whatever Netflix detects as a valid consumer IP address in whatever country.
    Does that mean HK Netflix is the same as US Netflix when logged in physically in Hong Kong? I guess that's what I wasn't sure about.

Not the same - sorry, was not clear about this in my post.

If I log in via my HK account in HK, I get the HK authorised content. if I log in via my HK account in the US, I get US authorised content.