Like Tree12Likes

Streaming Peppa Pig in HK

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy_logic:
    Fair point but DVD image quality is poor and the initial set-up is indeed a lot of hassle...!
    Amused by the conjunction of image quality concerns with Peppa Pig

you can buy all the episodes on Apple itunes store

MABinPengChau likes this.

You are only missing season 5 which is 42 episodes that finished airing on 11th May. I would assume these will come to netflix soon. They generally don't show partial seasons and put up full seasons at a time a few months after airing.

Personally, I would just jump on bittorrent and download the complete season 5 as one package (42 MKV or AVI files) and put them on a USB stick (low tech solution) or I have a NAS running plex at home (high tech solution). I know you wanted something 'legal' but honestly to do this takes less time than it takes me to write this post so really a quick and simple no-brainer solution.

If the choice is between Peppa Pig and other cartoons, I'd rather she watches Peppa Pig, which is simple, pleasant to watch and educational.

Speaking of which, are there any other cartoon series you'd recommend for kids of that age (3-4)?
    Dora the Explorer - bilingual English/Spanish, on Netflix
    Doc McStuffins - little girl who is a doctor for her toys, on Amazon (have to pay for eps)
    Paw Patrol - on Netflix

I don't find Peppa Pig particularly educational.
    fuzzy_logic likes this.

Does anyone else read the thread title as "Steaming Peppa Pig"? HK food thing, perhaps.

I also don't find that show 'educational' in the slightest... at best, it seems relatively harmless. Definitely better than something like Thomas the Tank Engine though, which is all about being a small cog in a big machine.

Youtube has a lot of really good stuff on it for kids (starting around 4 years old) who are interested in how the world works. Kurgesatz is a good channel for that, with well thought out graphics. It's aimed equally well at children and adults (versus stuff like Peppa Pig which is mind numbingly boring). Octanauts is educational, but I think the scene changes are a bit too fast for kids.

I personally didn't find that screen time was a high priority for a 3 year old kid though.

Last edited by jgl; 19-07-2018 at 12:22 PM.

Does anyone still watch "Sesame Street" anymore? It started in 1969 when I was 5 and I learned a lot of reading from it and I am guessing it is where my daughter learned to read, between that and reading to her (could read by age 2...).

It used to have a lot of sort of inside jokes/parodies of adult situations to make it palatable to the adults watching along, haven't watched in a very long time as no preschoolers in my life now.

It seems to be on YouTube but not Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Kurgesatz is a good channel for that, with well thought out graphics.
    what a great suggestion!!! also steamed pippa pig

I can get the Youtube app on my Apple TV but I'm 99% sure these are not full episodes, right? I tried it the other day and it's just bits and pieces of random episodes without the full stories.
    If you click the videos list, it full episodes up to 1 hr long, loads to choose from.

https://www.youtube.com/user/theofficialpeppa/videos

My daughter is 4 and let her watch Daniel Tiger's Neighbourhood on Netflix. It's a great educational show inspired by Mr Rogers Neighbourhood which I watched when I was younger. It talks a lot about feelings and how to express yourself. Also talks about being kind to others etc.

I found that Peppa Pig wasn't educational at all, it's just a cartoon show for young kids.

I highly suggest Daniel Tiger's Neighbourhood to all my friends

fuzzy_logic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    If you click the videos list, it full episodes up to 1 hr long, loads to choose from.

https://www.youtube.com/user/theofficialpeppa/videos
    I've watched those and they're not full episodes, it's snippets from a bunch of episodes running together.