Like Tree14Likes

Thoughts on the 2018 Clockenflap lineup?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

3 day tickets are going for $1200 2nd hand and I'm being bombarded ads from remarketing campaigns and lots of posters up in central

Are there any expats or ABC/CBC/BBC/KBC's that don't already know about the only festival in town?

Perhaps paying for better bands would mean better ticket sales?

imparanoic likes this.

Spotted in the SCMP:

East_coast likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Spotted in the SCMP:

More like a Consignment store

a few years ago, the lineups were much better. besides very old-school erikah badu, I do not recognise any names.
    it could just be me (old).

East_coast likes this.

Sorry to go against the grain but we had a brilliant weekend - catching Interpol, Alvvays, Lydmor, Jarvis Cocker, some of David Byrne, Caribou (highlight), Sunflower Bean, Wolf Alice & The Vaccines - all of whom I'd have been keen to see on their own right (except Jarvis perhaps.....)

Absolutely brilliant weekend. Roni Size made my head explode! Great bands, great organization and a massive thank you to the Clockenflap Crew.

@mrdollars - is Roni Size the filipino band? The kid came back raving about it.

No shri, he's a UK drum and bass artist. Nearly caused an earth tremor!!

shri likes this.

Must also mention Cornelius and the unbelievably good Miss Badu. Khalid (although not really my thing) was really good too. My own highlights were YOUNGR, Wolf Alice and Lydmor. From the HK acts, Uptown Rockers, Magnetic Soul and Robot all brought the house down. Can't wait till next year.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdollars:
    No shri, he's a UK drum and bass artist. Nearly caused an earth tremor!!
    Quite a legendary figure in drum & bass in fact. He was the front runner of a well known d&b group called Roni Size Reprazent in the late 90s and early 00s.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4