Carnegies
    Roundhouse
    Djiboutii
    Ciacoe
    PLAZAMAYOR
    slims
    LQV
    Ohana

I dont know whos open and closed now. i havnt been to a bar for 6 months.

Rob2020 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman:
    i have never been spiked at these bars
    Trafalgar
    Typhoon
    Carnegies
    Roundhouse
    Djiboutii
    Ciacoe
    PLAZAMAYOR
    slims
    LQV
    Ohana

I dont know whos open and closed now. i havnt been to a bar for 6 months.
    I've been in HK for over 10 years and I've only been to 4 of these bars, most of them only once. And I used to go out every Friday and Saturday for many years when i was younger.

There are much better bars to go to. I hope visitors just do a quick online search before making their choice.

Are there any working girls still in Wan Chai? If so where are they from?

Whats a LEE?

Regular customers of a bar or sex workers under the same mamasan don't get dishonest treatments.

It's just shocking to me when I see this occurring in HK, as (generally, pre-protest) the crime detection rate of the HKPF is decent and based on my limited crime reporting experience (including once as a victim in LKF), while giving a statement is a massive waste of 2+ hours, they do take the crime and investigation seriously.

Which is why I find it strange that they do not investigate these Wan Chai crimes. Is it just dismissive attitudes towards "drunk gweilos getting smashed in the Wanch", or is it something more sinister e.g. paid to look the other way?

Sage and BrightLights like this.

Original Post Deleted
    Crimes against tourists can ruin your trip, your impression of a place, or the rest of your life. I know firsthand from being a tourist myself in cities like Rome and Barcelona and Venice where tourist traps and scams run rampant and the police just can't be bothered to do anything about it.

Hence it is always disappointing to hear about the same thing happening to tourists here in HK. I suppose it has cleaned up somewhat since the triad heyday's of the 1980s and early 90s... but clearly a long, long way to go.

And as for the OP, unfortunately that is one person who has suffered too much and who will forever have a tainted impression of our city.
    gigglinggal likes this.

I stay away as far as possible from Wan Chai. I don't even go to LKF anymore. Enjoy the Soho bars much more and no one bothers or harasses you like in WC or LKF.

Quote Originally Posted by eightfivetwo:
    Crimes against tourists can ruin your trip, your impression of a place, or the rest of your life. I know firsthand from being a tourist myself in cities like Rome and Barcelona and Venice where tourist traps and scams run rampant and the police just can't be bothered to do anything about it.

Hence it is always disappointing to hear about the same thing happening to tourists here in HK. I suppose it has cleaned up somewhat since the triad heyday's of the 1980s and early 90s... but clearly a long, long way to go.

And as for the OP, unfortunately that is one person who has suffered too much and who will forever have a tainted impression of our city.
    Yep, its like how my experiences in Italy probably contribute to my negative impression of it. Been travelling so many places in Europe, Asia, North America... Italy was the only place I got pick-pocketed or scammed. Not huge amounts to make a difference, but enough to feel tricked and leave a bad taste.
    eightfivetwo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolaas20:
    I stay away as far as possible from Wan Chai. I don't even go to LKF anymore. Enjoy the Soho bars much more and no one bothers or harasses you like in WC or LKF.
    Nobody will bother or harass you in Wanchai if you stay away from the bars who have working girls...
    East_coast likes this.