Like Tree195Likes

Spiked drink nightmare

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Original Post Deleted
    Why don’t you just do one? You spend your entire life on three boards trying to prove a point.

I’m minimising the risk and just stating that I don’t drinks pints (can’t do beer in volume). I don’t pretend that this is a magic shield and I think I made it clear in my post that there for the grace of god go I.

You can FUCK OFF And now I finally need to work out how to put someone on ignore. You’re nothing but an irritating shit!
    Pauljoecoe likes this.

Tell us how you really feel!

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:
    The checking of CC cards and signatures by staff of any establishment or even the banks is a joke here in HK. Any squiggle is enough for payment. I've used my wife cards here by mistake a few times. No one bats an eyelid even though the card shows both a female name and clearly a Chinese name and a totally different signature. Bank still pays! It's so simple to use a stolen card here. No pretence required.
    What I don’t understand about HK credit cards is why they don’t have a PIN for transactions. Elsewhere in the world when using an HK card people are incredulous that you need to sign the CC slip. In Philippines I’m often told to look after the card carefully as it is a very good card for someone to steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary 2:
    What I don’t understand about HK credit cards is why they don’t have a PIN for transactions. Elsewhere in the world when using an HK card people are incredulous that you need to sign the CC slip. In Philippines I’m often told to look after the card carefully as it is a very good card for someone to steal.
    Do credit cards from overseas require PINs? Or is it mostly because those are debit cards? Anyways, with the rise of contactless payment, I have noticed that credit cards are just "tapped" nowadays, even when dining out in a restaurant in London.

Quote Originally Posted by eightfivetwo:
    Do credit cards from overseas require PINs? Or is it mostly because those are debit cards? Anyways, with the rise of contactless payment, I have noticed that credit cards are just "tapped" nowadays, even when dining out in a restaurant in London.
    Depends on the place the card was issued. I know UK cards require the pin.

I prefer HK cards because if someone steals / guesses your PIN you are liable to any charges made to that card, whereas if a merchant accepts a fraudulent signature they are liable.

HK credit cards also allow contactless payments up to HK$1000 but many places don't have an appropriate reader / realise that they can accept contactless payments. It will become more popular towards the end of the year when the public transport operators start the rollout of Visa Paywave and Mastercard Contactless.

Does anyone have any advice on how to report an historical drug rape?
    I don’t expect the person to be charged or punished now, but the fact that I didn’t report it and that he had probably done it before (and more than likely again) has been playing on my mind.
    It happened 7 years ago while I was travelling. The person was a friend of a friend, so I know who he is.
    is there much point at this stage? I know in my country, you can log a complaint. Obviously this far down the line, I have no proof (unless anyone knows how to retrieve archived Facebook messages).

Quote Originally Posted by SweetieS16:
    I don’t expect the person to be charged or punished now, but the fact that I didn’t report it and that he had probably done it before (and more than likely again) has been playing on my mind.
    It happened 7 years ago while I was travelling. The person was a friend of a friend, so I know who he is.
    is there much point at this stage? I know in my country, you can log a complaint. Obviously this far down the line, I have no proof (unless anyone knows how to retrieve archived Facebook messages).
    Not sure if statute of limitations would play a role here. It's your word against his now, i suspect the police wont be interested if you are overseas and the fact there is no hard evidence.

Sorry to hear about your experience though, next time you need to be brave and report it immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetieS16:
    you can retrieve all your facebook data. They will send you a zip file by email I think. Then you would have to do some digging.

At this point a public statement on Facebook, with evidence, might be as good as it gets. At least that would serve as a warning to others.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    At this point a public statement on Facebook, with evidence, might be as good as it gets. At least that would serve as a warning to others.
    Sadly I actually think you're serious about this. The most likely course of action would be the post would be removed. At a stretch it could lead to the ban of your FB account and worse still a defamation/slander case.
    Trebor and Mary 2 like this.