Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7
Like Tree80Likes

Spiked drink nightmare

What a great article, very thorough. It is clearly an underreported crime and it appears the police are not really on top of it. I’d be very interested to hear from anyone that has recently had a similar experience... BL.

[QUOTE=HK_Katherine;3597640]

Quote Originally Posted by angeluscomplex

Like I said, IN WHAT UNIVERSE? What you said bears zero relationship to my growing up. The concept that someone could drug your drink had never occurred to me before I came to HK and saw threads like this.

You seem to think that the whole world has some similar background and experiences. You're wrong. It doesn't. And if you grew up somewhere safe, you just don't think about these things. Perhaps your comments will help someone reading this thread who has never visited HK. I hope so. Because they do nothing for the OP.
    off topic to the main thread but I was born and raised in Sydney, Australia but have always been told all this stuff to watch drinks and whatnot. My mum is from HK but she moved to Australia when she was 12, so she wasn't really raised in HK either. I've also had family friends tell me these things, people who are not even Chinese. Sydney is safe and I have never heard of anyone being drugged. It's just something to consider and be aware of.

Anyway, I hope you're ok OP! Stay strong.

Quote Originally Posted by tm-au

Anyway, I hope you're ok OP! Stay strong.
    Thank you my friend, that’s a very considerate comment. I’m doing the best I can

Hey, happened to a friend of mine.

But it was around 2014/2015.

He was clearly drugged (he doesn't remember who did).

They got 8k from his ATM.

Nobody helped. Bank, Police.

BrightLights likes this.

It really looks like the police is not giving two fucks about these cases...Like they must be really very busy with other matters to attend to.

MABinPengChau likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by timonoj
    It really looks like the police is not giving two fucks about these cases...Like they must be really very busy with other matters to attend to.
    They need time to question you for four hours when you turn in a lost mobile phone...there are priorities, you know.

Why the damage that the O.P. is alleged to have caused - the flooding, and so on? And why in that place - One Island East in Taikoo?

I thought it might be triad intimidation - that they not only caused damage but created a "culprit" and placed him at the scene of the crime. But it seems over-elaborate and unnecessary.

Just vandalism for its own sake?

Quote Originally Posted by R.O.
    Why the damage that the O.P. is alleged to have caused - the flooding, and so on? And why in that place - One Island East in Taikoo?

I thought it might be triad intimidation - that they not only caused damage but created a "culprit" and placed him at the scene of the crime. But it seems over-elaborate and unnecessary.

Just vandalism for its own sake?
    I was in HK for the first time, I didn't even know that building existed. I was staying at the Conrad for 1 night.. literally a 1 minute taxi ride from Lockhart / Luard road where I'd had a drink. None of it makes sense, that's what makes it so hard to deal with. I've never vandalised anything in my life, I hate conflict and am a very passive introvert. I can't understand why I was there - unless the women I believe were trying to rob me, thought there was an ATM in the building :-/

Quote Originally Posted by percolo
    Hey, happened to a friend of mine.

But it was around 2014/2015.

He was clearly drugged (he doesn't remember who did).

They got 8k from his ATM.

Nobody helped. Bank, Police.

I tried to raise a separate case with the police in Wan Chai, I told them I thought I had been drugged, they wouldn't even take a statement from me, despite all my pleas, and a "supervisor" being involved, they just said we cant help, gave me a case number and told me to leave. The bank have refused all requests to provide CCTV. It's like being guilty, until I can prove I was innocent. :-(

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7