Like Tree195Likes

Spiked drink nightmare

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Hey, happened to a friend of mine.

But it was around 2014/2015.

He was clearly drugged (he doesn't remember who did).

They got 8k from his ATM.

Nobody helped. Bank, Police.

BrightLights likes this.

It really looks like the police is not giving two fucks about these cases...Like they must be really very busy with other matters to attend to.

MABinPengChau and Sage like this.

Quote Originally Posted by timonoj:
    It really looks like the police is not giving two fucks about these cases...Like they must be really very busy with other matters to attend to.
    They need time to question you for four hours when you turn in a lost mobile phone...there are priorities, you know.
    Sage likes this.

Why the damage that the O.P. is alleged to have caused - the flooding, and so on? And why in that place - One Island East in Taikoo?

I thought it might be triad intimidation - that they not only caused damage but created a "culprit" and placed him at the scene of the crime. But it seems over-elaborate and unnecessary.

Just vandalism for its own sake?

Quote Originally Posted by R.O.:
    Why the damage that the O.P. is alleged to have caused - the flooding, and so on? And why in that place - One Island East in Taikoo?

I thought it might be triad intimidation - that they not only caused damage but created a "culprit" and placed him at the scene of the crime. But it seems over-elaborate and unnecessary.

Just vandalism for its own sake?
    I was in HK for the first time, I didn't even know that building existed. I was staying at the Conrad for 1 night.. literally a 1 minute taxi ride from Lockhart / Luard road where I'd had a drink. None of it makes sense, that's what makes it so hard to deal with. I've never vandalised anything in my life, I hate conflict and am a very passive introvert. I can't understand why I was there - unless the women I believe were trying to rob me, thought there was an ATM in the building :-/

Quote Originally Posted by percolo:
    Hey, happened to a friend of mine.

But it was around 2014/2015.

He was clearly drugged (he doesn't remember who did).

They got 8k from his ATM.

Nobody helped. Bank, Police.

I tried to raise a separate case with the police in Wan Chai, I told them I thought I had been drugged, they wouldn't even take a statement from me, despite all my pleas, and a "supervisor" being involved, they just said we cant help, gave me a case number and told me to leave. The bank have refused all requests to provide CCTV. It's like being guilty, until I can prove I was innocent. :-(

Spiked Drinks

I think this happens more often than anyone knows. I have traveled the world, and been in some pretty dodgy bars, yet the ONLY time i have EVER been ripped off badly is in Hong Kong. Worst case, i got spiked at Escape Bar, woke up in jail and it cost me about $700,000 HKD in legal fees. Didn't remember a thing. Second, when i was not even drunk, I got ripped off about $24,000 HKD at Misty's and also Sparks. Misty's staff told me my credit card got rejected (which it did not), then another as well (which it did not). They swiped my cards like 11 times in 45 min. I was told by the bank it is MY responsibility to watch them swipe the card, even though you cannot see the reader as it is behind the bar, and they swiped it on average 22 seconds apart... and when i complained to Misty's they said i was just drunk and don't remember (which i was not, however i only realized i had been ripped off when i called my bank the next day to ask why my card was getting rejected or frozen - which it was not). Sparks charged me like $5,000 HKD for a few rounds of beer. Even the staff agreed i got ripped off but nothing was done. Then some large men come and ask you to leave.

Crazy thing is the exact same thing happened to a friend of mine a week later at Misty's. He caught them though, and said he was going to cause a big scene if they didn't reduce his bill, which they did. Do not go to Misty's, they will rip you off, or at least ALWAYS pay cash, and NEVER give them your credit card. They count on the fact most people (before covid anyway) were tourists, who would probably not even notice the charges until a few days/weeks later and/or left the country. Ask for and keep the receipts too, in case you need a record of where you were and what you spent. Wanchai is not necessarily a bad place, but there are a few bad apples.

BrightLights likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pure88:
    I think this happens more often than anyone knows. I have traveled the world, and been in some pretty dodgy bars, yet the ONLY time i have EVER been ripped off badly is in Hong Kong. Worst case, i got spiked at Escape Bar, woke up in jail and it cost me about $700,000 HKD in legal fees. Didn't remember a thing. Second, when i was not even drunk, I got ripped off about $24,000 HKD at Misty's and also Sparks. Misty's staff told me my credit card got rejected (which it did not), then another as well (which it did not). They swiped my cards like 11 times in 45 min. I was told by the bank it is MY responsibility to watch them swipe the card, even though you cannot see the reader as it is behind the bar, and they swiped it on average 22 seconds apart... and when i complained to Misty's they said i was just drunk and don't remember (which i was not, however i only realized i had been ripped off when i called my bank the next day to ask why my card was getting rejected or frozen - which it was not). Sparks charged me like $5,000 HKD for a few rounds of beer. Even the staff agreed i got ripped off but nothing was done. Then some large men come and ask you to leave.

Crazy thing is the exact same thing happened to a friend of mine a week later at Misty's. He caught them though, and said he was going to cause a big scene if they didn't reduce his bill, which they did. Do not go to Misty's, they will rip you off, or at least ALWAYS pay cash, and NEVER give them your credit card. They count on the fact most people (before covid anyway) were tourists, who would probably not even notice the charges until a few days/weeks later and/or left the country. Ask for and keep the receipts too, in case you need a record of where you were and what you spent. Wanchai is not necessarily a bad place, but there are a few bad apples.

I have been to these places many times and never had any problem. I used my card as well and never had an issue or got overcharged either. If you're not sure don't open a tab or use your cards, best is cash and pay as you go, they can't screw you that way.
    Same with spiking, never leave your drink unattended and pay attention if anyone is trying to drop something in your drink.

There are some working girls from a specific continent I will not name, you are almost guaranteed they will try to spike your drink.
    chuckster007 likes this.

Sort of related, I am sure none of the upright members on here know Walking Street in Angeles but this is what it looks like now:

Name:  96170141_3938318689520240_3442324117745827840_n.jpg
Views: 1213
Size:  55.7 KB

Well if I didn't have a problem at those bars, then clearly i would not have even mentioned them here. Glad you did not get ripped off but i did, and so did my friend. I did not open a tab, i paid for each round, but also clearly could not have known they were double swiping my card and then telling me it got rejected. And yes as i did state, and you restated, lesson learnt. ALWAYS use cash. I also always order small top bottle beer, because actually in a busy noisy crowded bar i don't think it would be that difficult for someone to slip something into your drink.

And you are also right about certain women, however the thing i have heard the most at least is the girls wanna give you some drugs so that you cant perform, but still have to pay. I have heard....

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast