View Poll Results: Have you had your drink spiked in Hong Kong?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 15.38%
  • No

42 53.85%
  • I don't drink and/or go to bars

24 30.77%
Like Tree69Likes

Poll: Have you had your drink spiked in 2018?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I think it was a joke
    Quote Originally Posted by angeluscomplex:
    It's called sarcasm.
    Whoops, I got Brightlights, who is very keen to point out how he ended up with more than alcohol, and Brightsum mixed up. Now I'm very, very tempted to make another joke, but I won't...
    hullexile likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaky:
    Can't say it's happened in Hong Kong, but happened once to me very badly in London some years ago.
    For me you can change London to Boracay. Lucky I left all important stuff with the hostel in Manila.

I always wanted to enter those places with flashy lights on Lockhart Road.... but the wife said no.

Quote Originally Posted by ajohnso2:
    I always wanted to enter those places with flashy lights on Lockhart Road.... but the wife said no.
    Thank the wife!

btw. I was only in a bar on Luard Rd, not a strip club!!
    angeluscomplex likes this.

A friend's colleague had a drink spiked in LKF a few months ago. Colleagues thought she had too much to drink and put her in a taxi home. She got out round the corner and went for another drink somewhere else. Somehow she ended up in Sai Ying Pun and toppled down the steep steps. A kind person helped her and called an ambulance which took her to Queen Mary. She'd lost her purse during the evening and had no ID or mobile on her. The hospital didn't know what she was on or her resident status so didn't treat her for 12 hrs. Think she broke her nose and wrist when she fell.

The next day when she didn't show up for work everyone panicked. They called all the hospitals and located her at QM. Work transferred her to another hospital where she was treated.

Happened to 2 attorneys I know. Their drinks were definitely spiked with rophypnol, aka rophy. It also goes under the brand name Flunitrazepam. It is almost immediate acting benzodiazepine that will knock you out.

Quote Originally Posted by rani:
    A friend's colleague had a drink spiked in LKF a few months ago. Colleagues thought she had too much to drink and put her in a taxi home. She got out round the corner and went for another drink somewhere else. Somehow she ended up in Sai Ying Pun and toppled down the steep steps. A kind person helped her and called an ambulance which took her to Queen Mary. She'd lost her purse during the evening and had no ID or mobile on her and the hospital didn't know what she was on and didn't treat her. Think she broke her nose and rib when she fell.

The next day when she didn't show up for work everyone panicked. They called all the hospitals and located her at QM. Work transferred her to another hospital where she was treated.
    Oh wow, that’s terrible - hope she has fully recovered.

Did they report it? Where they working in HK or just passing through? If they reported it and are willing to share the details, please PM me. TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by BrightLights:
    Did they report it? Where they working in HK or just passing through? If they reported it and are willing to share the details, please PM me. TIA.
    Will ask and get back to you.
    BrightLights likes this.

This is a trick happening mostly in foreigners' nightlife areas instead of Chinese areas.