View Poll Results: Have you had your drink spiked in Hong Kong?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 15.38%
  • No

42 53.85%
  • I don't drink and/or go to bars

24 30.77%
Like Tree69Likes

Poll: Have you had your drink spiked in 2018?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

What kind of low life takes advantage of someone so obviously incapacitated? That's really disgusting.

BrightLights and coffee_break like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetieS16:
    Thanks for your reply.
    I guess the whole “me too” thing has forced it back to mind. Some of the stories are familiar.
    The pub was Carnegie’s and I remember no matter how friendly I was to the bar girls, they were very standoffish (which was why I considered maybe they’d done it). I know the guys name (he was tagged by my friend on Facebook) and I sent him a message asking if he could tell me if we’d had sex (I was concerned about contraception etc), I explained to him that I couldn’t remember any of the night. His answer was something along the lines of “LOL, yes”.
    The general attitude was that I’d obviously gotten drunk and ended up with this guy. I knew that couldn’t have been the case. Apart from the one glass of wine with dinner, I don’t even remember having another alcoholic drink at all. I have never blacked out when drunk. I remember the hotel being very busy and seeing children there when he was carrying me through receiption (i couldn’t walk) so I don’t think it was late.
    i guess you’re right. But there’s part of me that wants to confront him about it now. Regardless of whether I had been drunk, I was in no fit state to consent... I was lying limp on the floor FFS! I’m angry and I want him to understand that it’s NOT OK to do that.
    But has too much time passed?
    Even if you didn't want to confront the abuser I would still get counselling. Abuse can lurk in your mind and cause a lot of mental health issues. It took me 50 years to get counselling, do it now and save a lot of issues later.

Many thanks for taking the time to reply.

im considering seeing someone to try and sort it out. I guess I see myself as smart and streetwise and I’m angry that he got away with this and that people told me it was “just one of those drunken things”... when I knew it couldn’t be possible.

Anyway, it’s sad that this is common place as HK is such a nice place to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdollars:
    What kind of low life takes advantage of someone so obviously incapacitated? That's really disgusting.
    The ones that hang out in Wanchai all the time. Spend a little time in locker rooms and you'll be very saddened to hear that there are still many that don't find this completely disgusting. Now most would not go as far as using rape drugs but they are quite happy getting smashed with others and drunk people are not famous for their good judgment. They are not going to be worried about consent when they're seriously intoxicated. How many get behind the wheel of their vehicle risking their lives and others?

Quote Originally Posted by Golem:
    The ones that hang out in Wanchai all the time. Spend a little time in locker rooms and you'll be very saddened to hear that there are still many that don't find this completely disgusting. Now most would not go as far as using rape drugs but they are quite happy getting smashed with others and drunk people are not famous for their good judgment. They are not going to be worried about consent when they're seriously intoxicated. How many get behind the wheel of their vehicle risking their lives and others?
    I think you will find the profile of rapists is a little more complicated than the obvious stereotype nor do I think most rapists are drunk.

Thanks for your reply.
    I guess the whole “me too” thing has forced it back to mind. Some of the stories are familiar.
    The pub was Carnegie’s and I remember no matter how friendly I was to the bar girls, they were very standoffish (which was why I considered maybe they’d done it). I know the guys name (he was tagged by my friend on Facebook) and I sent him a message asking if he could tell me if we’d had sex (I was concerned about contraception etc), I explained to him that I couldn’t remember any of the night. His answer was something along the lines of “LOL, yes”.
    The general attitude was that I’d obviously gotten drunk and ended up with this guy. I knew that couldn’t have been the case. Apart from the one glass of wine with dinner, I don’t even remember having another alcoholic drink at all. I have never blacked out when drunk. I remember the hotel being very busy and seeing children there when he was carrying me through receiption (i couldn’t walk) so I don’t think it was late.
    i guess you’re right. But there’s part of me that wants to confront him about it now. Regardless of whether I had been drunk, I was in no fit state to consent... I was lying limp on the floor FFS! I’m angry and I want him to understand that it’s NOT OK to do that.
    But has too much time passed?
    It is never too late. The more you confront it now, the less you will have to face into later @hullexile is right. It is never acceptable to force anyone into doing anything!

I completely get the smart and streetwise point.. but these are not your regular idiots you are dealing with, not the ones that you can just manoeuvre yourself away from with a few words or by ignoring, these are criminals and the drugs they use are their weapon of choice. Even the most streetwise are vulnerable.
    shri and Fiona in HKG like this.

...The pub was Carnegie’s...
    Right in the middle of downtown WanChai spiked drink land - according to lots of responses I've seen, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by BrightLights:
    It is never too late. The more you confront it now, the less you will have to face into later @hullexile is right. It is never acceptable to force anyone into doing anything!

I completely get the smart and streetwise point.. but these are not your regular idiots you are dealing with, not the ones that you can just manoeuvre yourself away from with a few words or by ignoring, these are criminals and the drugs they use are their weapon of choice. Even the most streetwise are vulnerable.
    I would just add that going for it now might protect others from him

My local in Wanchai is Agave. Been there dozens of times and no spiked drinks or any monkey business. Damned creditable nachos, too.

About the closest I've gotten to being poisoned was one time I asked for a Cabernet and they gave me a Shiraz. They denied it. But I knew.

juanalias likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BrightSum:
    My local in Wanchai is Agave. Been there dozens of times and no spiked drinks or any monkey business. Damned creditable nachos, too.

About the closest I've gotten to being poisoned was one time I asked for a Cabernet and they gave me a Shiraz. They denied it. But I knew.
    Of course the odds are extremely low that you would be drugged. Miniscule. I never gave it a thought. However once is too much if it happens to you.
    BrightLights likes this.