Scots Wha Hae!

Closed Thread

Scots Wha Hae!

Does anyone know of anything happening for St Andrews day (this Sunday)?

I'm going to try and hunt down a haggis (I'm sure I've seen them running along the side of the Peak) and some very helpful posts have assured me that I can find some wonderful Bru to go with it

For haggis (any time of the year) The Cannyman is your place.

Their haggis burgers are definitely a Good Thing.

The only place I know where you can get a can of Bru in HK is in the Wellcome supermarket inside harbour city TST.......only $7 aswell.....

When we were kids, my mum ( Scottish ) used to tell us that the Haggis bird only lived in remote areas of the highlands and ate purple heather exclusively. Once a year, special permission was given for shooters to go out and catch a bunch of them for people to eat. Since they didn't have wings and could only waddle like a duck, they were easy to catch!

Amazingly, i completely believed this well into my 20's. I only happened to realize it wasn't true when i caught a TV show about traditional scottish dishes and a butcher was making up his own haggis in a huge mixing machine..!

It is amazing what you will continue to believe, if the truth never passes your path.

Doh!

Wow.....Haggis and Irn Bru...thats nice!!!

Next time I am in TST Harbour City I will make sure to graba can of Irn Bru...really miss it in my two years away from Scotland!!

Just for reference, I found MacSween haggis in Olivers in Princes Building (thanks to some helpful previous posts) but left it in the freezer -a tiny wee 1-2 person haggis was $120! I can't imagine any self-respecting Scot would part with that much.