Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree7Likes

Instagram Pier shutting down to the public?

I can understand, if not appreciate, why other sites around HK are popular. But that empty pier in Kennedy Town is very non-photogenic.
    From what I saw, it is a couple of very specific shot - sunsets being one of them.
    jgl likes this.
    Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl
    Why is Instagram Pier an Instagram thing? I had to Google it, and the photos look like crap.
    Well, so is that mural, totally anticlimactic. Which leads me to believe that Instagramers have no clue.
    jgl likes this.

Hm... looked up sunset ones just now and... just don't see the appeal. Most those shots still suck, the only ones that don't are photoshopped to Technicolour fantasyland, or taken with DSLRs with fancy lenses.

The Graham St and Quarry Bay building shots I can understand, they're visually interesting.

Oh well, I guess it's just a subculture thing that will remain opaque to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl
    Why is Instagram Pier an Instagram thing? I had to Google it, and the photos look like crap.

I can understand, if not appreciate, why other sites around HK are popular. But that empty pier in Kennedy Town is very non-photogenic.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I've seen photos of just a car park or shipping containers, or just rain, which in the right moment, can be mesmerising.

would not call it Instagram pier , but it is been adopted as valuable public open space for people - a word government does understand - people walk their dogs, jog, handout, take photos, near the seafront without 25 rows of barriers

This one comes with its own set of problems... no toilet near by.

https://mashable.com/article/austral...shed-bathroom/

Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2