Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Instagram Pier shutting down to the public?

Question Instagram Pier shutting down to the public?

A friend of mine was just handed this flyer while walking out of Instagram Pier in K-Town. Anyone hear anything about this.

Getting ready to 'gift' the land to NWD?

JAherbert likes this.

The date on the notice is old but who knows, perhaps they just decided to start enforcing it.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoTommy
    The crowds have moved here:
    The crowds were always there. Right pain getting in to The Globe for a quiet Sunday pint for years.

Instagram tourists are the worst.
    eIIe likes this.

This is true, and living next door to the IG pier (and the new K-town Arabica which has seemingly become the mecca for coffee selfie narcissists) I can assure you the crowds haven't moved, only swelled.

I got one of those handed to me about 12 months ago...it's busier than ever down there. I think it's more of an accountability thing. It ticks a box in the departmental office...make a policy...check. Inform the public...check. Enforce the policy...ummm.

I like the wording 'loitering', 'satisfactory explanation'...brilliant!

And that Arabica coffee house...genius move by them. Average coffee, amazing marketing (dunno what they did, but they did it well). Queues out the door and around the corner, once you get your coffee, stand in the road, hold up traffic and take 147 selfies.

civil_servant and merchantms like this.

Quote Originally Posted by coffee_break
    I got one of those handed to me about 12 months ago...it's busier than ever down there. I think it's more of an accountability thing. It ticks a box in the departmental office...make a policy...check. Inform the public...check. Enforce the policy...ummm.

I like the wording 'loitering', 'satisfactory explanation'...brilliant!
    So normal in this town. Can't believe long-termers on here haven't figured this out yet. Instead they retreat to their echo chamber and come up with conspiracy theories.

I mean, with the Yik Cheong location, they're not even hiding it anymore. Here's hoping they put one on Suicide Cliff next.

Why is Instagram Pier an Instagram thing? I had to Google it, and the photos look like crap.

I can understand, if not appreciate, why other sites around HK are popular. But that empty pier in Kennedy Town is very non-photogenic.

coffee_break likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast