Like Tree39Likes

Postponed: Trevor Noah Live in Hong Kong 2019

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Bugger, they are giving refunds - so no plan to re-schedule I suppose.

People who bought on stub hub can probably get the sale reversed. People who didn't use a service like that - hard to get it back!

I sold someone a ticket (at face value). I just PM'd her because the credit card amount will be refunded to me, she won't get it by going to HK tickets. So now we need to meet again and give her back the cash.

I guess it's the airport part- they probably fly in a support crew and if they get delayed due to airport protests, that's expensive and they also might miss other commitments so I understand why they feel they have to do it.

Bummer.

bak875 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    Such an overreaction.
    Perhaps - but entirely predictable.
    TearGas & bricks & fights on the streets for 2 months --> Travel warnings --> No insurance coverage --> Visits get cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    I guess it's the airport part- they probably fly in a support crew and if they get delayed due to airport protests, that's expensive and they also might miss other commitments so I understand why they feel they have to do it.
    Agree with you - I think it's about the airport. Chance of disruption and getting stuck here would be costly, easier to just skip HK for now. Not only for the crew but Trevor himself, he probably has to be rehearsing and taping for the Daily Show.
    MABinPengChau likes this.

So now 99% of expats are against the protests

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    So now 99% of expats are against the protests
    Nah.. just the ones who don't have Netflix
    mrgoodkat likes this.

Has anyone who bought tickets with a credit card received a refund? They said it would be an automatic refund but I have yet to see anything- do I need to bring the ticket back to HK Tickets to get the refund? Or am I just too impatient, still in progresss?

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Has anyone who bought tickets with a credit card received a refund? They said it would be an automatic refund but I have yet to see anything- do I need to bring the ticket back to HK Tickets to get the refund? Or am I just too impatient, still in progresss?
    From the email dated 21 August:

"Full refund will be automatically deposited to the same Credit Card account used for ticket purchase within 45 working days."
    MABinPengChau likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    From the email dated 21 August:

"Full refund will be automatically deposited to the same Credit Card account used for ticket purchase within 45 working days."
    Yes, Fintech and all that!

I have it from good sources that they're attempting to hire and train a telex operator to send signals to their payment processor to process refunds.

What I suspect is that whoever is involved has some serious cash flow issues and is waiting for that to sort out before they initiate refunds.

Has anyone seen a refund posted on their credit cards?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast