Things to do in Discovery Bay

Closed Thread

Things to do in Discovery Bay

Thinking of doing a day trip to DB with the missus, as I've never been there in the 4 yrs I've lived here.

Is there anything interesting to see/do there?

why not wife swap?...seriously tho, it is a residential community, not an amusement park...they have outdoor arts/crafts markets in the plaza (tho these are ending on Dec. 6/7 weekend I believe...), if you know someone there, you can try the rec. clubs as a guest, eg. golf driving range, or try the mediocre overpriced food in the plaza

Last edited by timklip; 26-11-2008 at 11:25 AM.

Walk from DB to Mui Wo. Its a pretty nice walk, not too long and not difficult at all. You will pass by the monastery, and can have a nice meal in Mui Wo at the end. DB is really nothing much for a non-resident.

fm7

If you've never been, then it's worth a trip just to see the place. Walk a mile, make up your own mind, etc.

But, for my money, there's plenty of far more interesting places to hop a ferry to.

Quote Originally Posted by mjk:
    Walk from DB to Mui Wo. Its a pretty nice walk, not too long and not difficult at all.
    So long as you find walking up and (particularly in that direction) down a thousand concrete steps "not difficult".

you could try and find redwriter and give him a Glasgow kiss from us all on geoexpat (or even better - a Chelsea smile)

Last edited by Pekkerhead; 26-11-2008 at 06:40 PM.

Discovery Bay ..
    I think it is the best place for relaxing.
    Because HK is too busy..

and what you can do in DB, is enjoying the sunshine and coffee, walking on the little beach..

but I heard that sometimes, there will be a murder dinner in the DB golf club, but I'd never attended for once. You may try when you get there

take a drink or dinner in one of the restaurant by the sea !!!

dodge the screaming mass of kids running amok in the plaza ...

hike up the mountain for spectacular views of hong kong (dependent of course on visibility .. there is a look-out hut easily accessible by road or a trail of steep steps directly up the mountain if your more adventurous..

and the hidden secret .... swim and picnic in the rock pools of the mountain., although the natural waterfalls are usually just a trickle there is point where the water is quite deep and you can swim and even jump in (about 3 meters). also good to relax around this area .... a short walk (5mins uphill) up the road leading to the golf course there are then signs saying enter at your own risk .. just enter and you get a very pleasant scene ...

Last edited by clip_my_wings; 10-12-2008 at 09:52 AM. Reason: edited so the red dot police don't sanction me for spelling mistakes

You know as much as everyone slags it off - HK Disneyland is actually a pretty fun day out if you haven't been there. Have fun pissing yourself laughing at the Canto translating monkeys at the 'Theatre Of The Lion King' show - absolute gold. It's A Small World is worth a visit too - and don't miss Mickey's Philharmagic and the excellent Stitch Encounter.

I love Stitch.

Sorry. Had to be said.

Otherwise I'd integrate a trip to DB with something else - do the Ngong Ping 360 and then catch the bus from the Buddha Village thing back down to DB - not exactly glamorous but you'll see some amazing scenery.

Once you get to DB walk around the harbour shopping plaza, find some grass and have a picnic. There isn't much else to do. Take the ferry home of course.

Last edited by thatsnotmypuppy; 10-12-2008 at 01:24 PM.