Like Tree162Likes

New Bond: Is nothing sacred ?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Sorry, as feminist as I am, it just won't work. Bond has a firm fan base as eye candy for middle-aged women and fantasyland for mid-life crisis men who've realised they will never own a Bentley with a rocket launcher.

As a female, Bond fails on both counts. No one ever watched it for the plot and great screen-writing.

Coolboy and HK_Katherine like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    Sorry, as feminist as I am, it just won't work. Bond has a firm fan base as eye candy for middle-aged women and fantasyland for mid-life crisis men who've realised they will never own a Bentley with a rocket launcher.

As a female, Bond fails on both counts. No one ever watched it for the plot and great screen-writing.

...or a DB-5 either.

I believe Bond prefer an Aston over a Bentley, although I could be wrong. I think Bond drove Bimmers for a bit before returning to Astons. How much does that classic car fetch nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    or a DB-5 either. How much does that classic car fetch nowadays?
    Whatever car brand. As you can tell, and being a middle-aged woman, I wasn't watching it to spot the rocket-launcher equiped cars...
    Coolboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    Whatever car brand. As you can tell, and being a middle-aged woman, I wasn't watching it to spot the rocket-launcher equiped cars...
    Of course.

Original Post Deleted
    No. The strong male lead in a Bond movie is a complex set of traits: personality, action, looks. Any secondary character will not be developed in this way. Granted, lesbians may enjoy the franchise more, but for an existng fan base of heterosexual women it will be missing an essential component.
    Coolboy likes this.

clickbaiiiit

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    ...or a DB-5 either.

I believe Bond prefer an Aston over a Bentley, although I could be wrong. I think Bond drove Bimmers for a bit before returning to Astons. How much does that classic car fetch nowadays?
    In the original Ian Fleming Novels, James always drove a 1930's Bentley..

Screen Bond differs quite a lot from the books..
    Coolboy likes this.

The World is No Mans land lol

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    In the original Ian Fleming Novels, James always drove a 1930's Bentley..

Screen Bond differs quite a lot from the books..
    I stand corrected.

Nothing against Bentleys, but personally though, I always prefer an Aston for some reason . The DB-5 just looks incredible. Aston Martin cars have a certain appeal to me.
    Sage likes this.

Mike Tyson liked Bentleys - used to give them away to his friends. Then he went bankrupt.

I dislike the obvious product placements - a car here, a mobile phone there - a Carlsberg beer instead of a Martini.

But a lot of movies are like that now.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast