Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5
Like Tree43Likes

New Bond: Is nothing sacred ?

  1. #41

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    a sunny un spoilt paradise
    Posts
    6,862
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy
    ...or a DB-5 either.

    I believe Bond prefer an Aston over a Bentley, although I could be wrong. I think Bond drove Bimmers for a bit before returning to Astons. How much does that classic car fetch nowadays?
    In the original Ian Fleming Novels, James always drove a 1930's Bentley..

    Screen Bond differs quite a lot from the books..
    Coolboy likes this.

  2. #42

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    9

    The World is No Mans land lol


  3. #43

    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    587
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook
    In the original Ian Fleming Novels, James always drove a 1930's Bentley..

    Screen Bond differs quite a lot from the books..
    I stand corrected.

    Nothing against Bentleys, but personally though, I always prefer an Aston for some reason . The DB-5 just looks incredible. Aston Martin cars have a certain appeal to me.

  4. #44

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    415

    Mike Tyson liked Bentleys - used to give them away to his friends. Then he went bankrupt.

    I dislike the obvious product placements - a car here, a mobile phone there - a Carlsberg beer instead of a Martini.

    But a lot of movies are like that now.


  5. #45

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    6,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook
    In the original Ian Fleming Novels, James always drove a 1930's Bentley..

    Screen Bond differs quite a lot from the books..
    And wore a Rolex. But Ian Fleming didn't know anything about product endorsements, did he?

  6. #46

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    6,427

    We're talking about Bond 25 nearly a year before it hits the theaters. This leak/announcement/P.R. release is doing exactly what it was suppose to do.

    Also, remember when the world lost its shit when Craig was cast? OMFG! A blonde Bond?!! Blasphemy!

    Relax.


  7. #47

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    6,427

    Came across this beauty today . . .

    https://twitter.com/OhNoSheTwitnt/st...19030880223232

    hullexile, GeoTommy and shri like this.

  8. #48

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    a sunny un spoilt paradise
    Posts
    6,862
    Quote Originally Posted by huja
    We're talking about Bond 25 nearly a year before it hits the theaters. This leak/announcement/P.R. release is doing exactly what it was suppose to do.

    Also, remember when the world lost its shit when Craig was cast? OMFG! A blonde Bond?!! Blasphemy!

    Relax.
    Ok sport, personally I thought Daniel Craig, was a great casting choice, having seen him in Layer Cake, prior to him being chosen for Mr Bond.

    I'm not sure why you're like a dog with a bone with the hard sell, because deep down I really dont give much of a shiz about it.

    I already have the Blue Ray 50 year anniversary Bond Boxset in my movie collection.. If the future. 007 movies lose the essence of what the whole thing was about, ( character legacy) then they'll lose their loyal ( 5 decades of fanbase) audience.

    Shrugs shoulders at the, window licking, focus group, nufftard spastics, that thought this was a good idea. (lol) They'll make 007, a dog bothering, green chai latte drinking vegan, next!

    Very gutsy move hahahaha

    Relax lol

    Name:  DSC_0007.JPG
Views: 46
Size:  3.24 MB
    Last edited by Skyhook; 26-07-2019 at 02:08 AM.

  9. #49

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    6,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook
    Ok sport, personally I thought Daniel Craig, was a great casting choice, having seen him in Layer Cake, prior to him being chosen for Mr Bond.

    I'm not sure why you're like a dog with a bone with the hard sell, because deep down I really dont give much of a shiz about it.

    I already have the Blue Ray 50 year anniversary Bond Boxset in my movie collection.. If the future. 007 movies lose the essence of what the whole thing was about, ( character legacy) then they'll lose their loyal ( 5 decades of fanbase) audience.

    Shrugs shoulders at the, window licking, focus group, nufftard spastics, that thought this was a good idea. (lol) They'll make 007, a dog bothering, green chai latte drinking vegan, next!

    Very gutsy move hahahaha

    Relax lol

    Name:  DSC_0007.JPG
Views: 46
Size:  3.24 MB
    No hard sell from me. It could very well be a disaster. It could also be very entertaining. I'm just saying let it play out. I have no horse in the game. I'm not a friend of the Broccoli family. I don't have a producer credit for the movie. I may or may not watch the movie in a theater.

    With as many changes as Bond 25 have gone through in trying to get to screen, who knows what the final product is going to be.

    Also, I agree with you about Craig. I thought Layer Cake was fabulously entertaining and the ultimate screen test to be the then new Bond.
    Skyhook and shri like this.

Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5