Bar Investment

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

There's loads of bars in Kowloon and a lot of good ones too. Good Luck with your venture however if I were you I would invest my money in something else or open a bar elsewhere like India perhaps.

Hi mate. Didn't read all the messages so hope i'm not walking over old tracks. Not sure if you've been to Japan before but if you know of a bar chain called the HUB ehy have some very good ideas.

1. They have a electronic card that gets you points everytime you buy anything. You can then use the points for either Pub merchandise or just to buy drinks. The points equal 5%value of your purchases. People soon twig that if they bring about 10 mates down and get them all to use the card when they buy they end up getting a free night out at a later date or a free shirt or something.

2. Table reservations for people who agree to a set priced package. i.e Footy night table reservations for 300 bucks that gets you 4 free drinks and maybe a bit of food for your table. This is quality if have mates flown in and you want a good table to watch the sport.

3. You have to have sport on. Blokes drink the most, hence spend the most and blokes like to watch sport when they're drinking.

4. This HUB place i mentioned has a shots menu on the back of the food menu. All colourful and difficult not to notice. They have about 8 shots with the names and contents and then the average alcohol content of the shot. With somethnig along the lines of the devil's arsehole being 68% or something. Sounds childish but you inevitably get people wanting to try them out, out do each other...i.e spend more than they intended.

5. Pool table. It probably won't make you money but i would love to find a bar i could be a regular of that has a pool table.

I've probably put most to sleep now so will leave it there.

Dint put me to sleep .. read every word of it ..
    Some of these make a lot of sense to me .. of late, whenever I go to a bar, i have been observing a lot of stuff ..
    I even sit at the bars and watch them make drinks ...

Infact, last evening i was discussing the whole 'bar' concept with a friend who is planning on opening one in HK ..

ashzz would echo the "bar" sentiments

Netfiend... u said it right. Need to see this coming thru ... This is what we have been thinking of.

Something like microbrewery would also be great in a place like HK. ( like BREWERKZ in Riverside point , Clarke's Quay-S'pore. )

u make your beer and sell it at high premium rite.. low cost! ahhaa..
    the one at suntec apparently was put up by the previous owner, then the company got bot over cheap. so now they making beer for just the material cost and selling it at premium.

thats good money right?low cost is what businessmen look for .....

Billiards is sorely lacking in HK.... as for sports you could probably attract more expats if you could find a way of getting some of the NHL's top games and advertising an NHL night as it seems to be lacking in HK in general....

just an idea

James

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3