Like Tree41Likes

4 nights in HK - suggestions

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Escape in Wan Chai.

nihaobitches likes this.

Give Sugar on HK Side in Tai Koo Shing a visit also, you can see kowloon side lit up, very nice views.

Some reason the damm google maps link is showing something else.

Last edited by chuckster007; 22-08-2019 at 10:07 PM. Reason: deleted map link
    nihaobitches likes this.

You might want to consider where they will be during the day to more easily meet up
    Given they are on the KCR at Hung Hom they are not far from anywhere
    I presume you will do Kings Belly Taipo one night
    What kind of food do they like? Ask first
    https://www.timeout.com/hong-kong/th...o-in-hong-kong

nihaobitches likes this.

1. The Peak is definitely a must do in HK and with the drop in tourists hopefully won’t be so crowded. I would suggest taking the Peak Tram up during early evening, doing the walk around the Peak as others have suggested, then have dinner at Bubba Gump Shrimp in the Peak Tower. This way they get to see the HK view during the day and night in one trip.

Bubba Gump is an American chain but it is tasty, reasonably priced, and has great views if you get a window seat (request one when you book). Take bug spray as at dusk with the rain there will be plenty of bugs on the walk.

2. Ozone at the top of ICC. The highest bar in the world is a cool thing to do and the views are spectacular but make sure to go on a clear night otherwise you are trapped in clouds. Drinks are around $150 which is pricey, but go after a cheap dinner somewhere else to balance it out. Tip: make sure to visit the toilet even if don’t need to.

You can also just go up, look at the view and come back down if it is outside your budget. There is free seating outside on the balcony so just go there if someone asks if you want a table. They get plenty of lookiloos so are used to it, but it might be weird for your guests.
    spode and nihaobitches like this.

Be flexible. Avoiding protestors may trump any particular recommendations. So I would have a plan that involves a few options for each day in different places.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cornmeal:
    Kerry hotel has a an upscale cafeteria/bar floor with lots of choices of food and drinks...the terrace has nice views of the harbour.
    that's the dockyard, i also recommend that.
    Cornmeal and nihaobitches like this.

if it a simple night and you don't want to travel too much, then taipo king's belly is pretty ok for a drink and chat, friendly atmosphere

Cornmeal and nihaobitches like this.

Also on the KCR about 7mins walk from Mong Kok East is TAP: the ale project (Hak Po St.), lots of great craft beers and decent pub grub, also another craft beer joint next door and some Japanese/Korean restos, another block over is an area with a ton of dimsum restos, get takeaway, grab some beers from 711 and watch some sports at McPherson Stadium (free).

nihaobitches likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    I always go for sunrise - NO tourists, cooler and always free parking as the meters don't kick in until 8:00. Seeing the city wake up is also kind of cool
    This. I made 500+ morning laps around The Peak with the Dog and it was usually a delight in the morning. The exceptions were usually when there were special events on the weekends. I think Green Minibus #1 is a straight shot up to the Peak from near the Star Ferry Pier.
    nihaobitches likes this.

Watch the anti-extradition bill protest this coming Saturday? You might see a gathering of a million people; only the Pope usually sees such things.

nihaobitches likes this.