Like Tree41Likes

4 nights in HK - suggestions

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007
    Give Sugar on HK Side in Tai Koo Shing a visit also, you can see kowloon side lit up, very nice views.

Some reason the damm google maps link is showing something else.
    I'd second this. Great views while avoiding the more standard locations closer to town, so less crowded and less clubby.

BTW, @OP thought you'd left for the UK years ago (it's hard to forget such a good username).
    nihaobitches likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by huja
    This. I made 500+ morning laps around The Peak with the Dog and it was usually a delight in the morning. The exceptions were usually when there were special events on the weekends. I think Green Minibus #1 is a straight shot up to the Peak from near the Star Ferry Pier.
    And the upper deck of bus 15 on the way down - great views over the city.
    nihaobitches likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by spode
    And the upper deck of bus 15 on the way down - great views over the city.
    Oh - or the funicular one way or the other if they have not had such an experience
    nihaobitches likes this.

Aye, left in 2017 but the wife didn't exactly take to living in the UK! We came back in January - happy wife, happy life!

Thanks for all the suggestions so far - very helpful! May have to scrap the Peak idea as they have planned that as a morning thing already.

We will defo do a night at King's Belly (my local) and may even do a little pub crawl in Tai Po if my old arse can cope with it.

I think a mixture of some of the suggestions will work great. They can go out on the lash if they want afterwards and I slink off home fairly easily.

If there are any more ideas, they would be more than welcome! It's a weird situ as they aren't that arsed about seeing HK as we haven't seen each ither in like 12 years, so they (well, he) are mainly here for a long overdue reunion, but I don't want to feel like I short changed them on a trip here either!

A lot of action going on in Kwun Tong right now. You can go play war games.

nihaobitches likes this.

many restaurants in Festival Walk and New Town Plaza on the same Hung Hom KCR line
    Step 1 for them get Octopus cards

Quote Originally Posted by dynamco
    many restaurants in Festival Walk and New Town Plaza on the same Hung Hom KCR line
    Step 1 for them get Octopus cards
    Decent shouts, but after something a bit more...interesting? Would feel I'd short changed them if I took them to one of the many malls/chain restaurants.

Oh, actually, what will be the best way for them to get to Hung Hom? Airport Express then MTR or bus? I won't be able to meet them at the airport because of work. Was thinking about driving (if they are okay to wait a bit) taking them to their hotel and then bringing them to Tai Po, but driving is such a ball ache here!

'Interesting' might be dinner on a sampan in the CWB typhoon shelter, or dinner at at a seafood place in Lei Yu Mun. The latter being convenient for Hong Hum.

nihaobitches likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl
    'Interesting' might be dinner on a sampan in the CWB typhoon shelter, or dinner at at a seafood place in Lei Yu Mun. The latter being convenient for Hong Hum.
    Oooh, I like this - very HK!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3