Like Tree14Likes
  • 1 Post By chuckster007
  • 5 Post By drumbrake

Hong kong weekend getaway?

Hong kong weekend getaway?

Any suggestions for weekend getaways within HK? It's my gf bday in a few weeks and I thought it would be nice to go to an island, resort, holiday house somewhere and just relax for a weekend. My initial thought was lamma island but it's the only island i've been to so wondering if there are other places that you might suggest?

Btw since this is HK I should say, something not too insanely expensive.

we stayed at the silvermine beach resort on lantau two weeks ago and it was great, right next to the beach, lots of local stores nearby. check it out on agoda, i thinks its around 600 a night for a room.

Then there is the Warwick hotel on cheung chau island right next to the beach as well but much more costlier than silvermine lol

Coolboy likes this.

Is the Warwick on Cheung Chau any good?

Second the Tai O hotel. You can take the boat from Tai O to try and see some pink dolphins, walk around Tai O, eat squid, have dinner at one of the sea food restaurants, watch the sunset from Fu Shan view point.

Original Post Deleted
    Agreed 100%. The heritage hotel at Tai O is an awesome place. Relaxing and comfortable. And the Tai O village itself is worth a tour:

I do recommend the OP to book early though, ever since the outbreak there has been a huge spike in demand as people who normally who would have taken a holiday overseas now do a "staycation" in HK in places like the Heritage Hotel.
    Last edited by Coolboy; 25-05-2020 at 05:44 PM.

A cheaper option in Tai O.
    https://espaceelastique.com.hk/