Like Tree9Likes

Escape......Question

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Escape......Question

Does anyone know if the bar, Escape, in Wan Chai is closed now? For good? Or maybe open again after this virus mess? I hope so. Great bar. Much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennBond:
    Does anyone know if the bar, Escape, in Wan Chai is closed now? For good? Or maybe open again after this virus mess? I hope so. Great bar. Much fun.
    ive heard it is reopening soon at the site of the Hong Kong Cafe - I will try to validate that later

Thanks for the update. Please keep me posted. This is great. Hope so. So they are moving. They used to be on Jaffe Road. Near the corner. It’s not just the women but also the great atmosphere there. Have had some of my best times in any bar in HK there.

That’s where Neptune 2 used to be. Then they closed for a bit then they reopened as Hong Kong Cafe. I remember the owner. Nice guy. I wonder though if the ones who run Escape will make it into a nicer bar than what HK cafe is now. Escape was actually nice inside. Not bad. We’ll see.

The owners of Joe B bought it back from what I heard. So it should stay good

I liked Escape, i knew most of the staff especially the guys at the door, it was always fun inside and LARGE so was never too cramped. The oval shape bar was great design and you could walk around it and it was like a buffet

hullexile and GlennBond like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    I liked Escape, i knew most of the staff especially the guys at the door, it was always fun inside and LARGE so was never too cramped. The oval shape bar was great design and you could walk around it and it was like a buffet
    Usually a great band on and crispy pata to die for.

I took work colleagues there (mixed male female) and they all loved it.
    chuckster007 and GlennBond like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Usually a great band on and crispy pata to die for.

I took work colleagues there (mixed male female) and they all loved it.
    Crispy Pata definitely was amazing. I also took work colleagues there

I’m calling this as confirmed with a small caveat. My source is not a direct insider but he gets more 24 hour happy hour prices than I get by virtue of his better patronage

I’ll find out directly over the weekend. Another tick for the Crispy Pata. Anywhere in Wan Chai does it better than the one place that should get it right, Cinta-J. Overpriced, overrated and shit music to do with it. Arome is a decent option for reasonable Filipino fare

Cinta-J can be OK for crispy pata sometimes, I find it hit and miss. The band is OK, the two bakla can be amusing.
    I used to enjoy the crispy pata at Fenwicks before Escape.
    Where is Arome?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast