Referral for Yacht / Nice Boat Owner

Closed Thread

Referral for Yacht / Nice Boat Owner

Hi all,

We are looking to find a nice boat / Yacht for our wedding ceremony in December. Given the pandemic this year, our original wedding plan has gone out of the window so now we are trying to find alternatives. I have been researching this week but all the boat agencies just have crazy markups as they are the intermediate.

We just need it for a few hours. It will be a simple ceremony (not much deco, no need to cruise to far islands, etc)

Would like to see if anyone can share any yacht/ boat owner contacts with us so we can reach out directly! Thank you so much!

- Time: Just a few hours in the PM
    - Pickup: Central / TST
    - Guests: <25
    - Route: along Harbour is fine

Have you tried Jubilee?

They have an entire fleet of boats suitable for every budget

https://jubilee.com.hk/boatrental/our-fleet/

I've messaged a friend who may be able to assist.

Not sure private vessels can access victoria harbour though.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    I've messaged a friend who may be able to assist.

And appropriately insured (not saying the private charters have insurance... just saying...)

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    Of course they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretzelsrule:
    Hi all,

We are looking to find a nice boat / Yacht for our wedding ceremony in December. Given the pandemic this year, our original wedding plan has gone out of the window so now we are trying to find alternatives. I have been researching this week but all the boat agencies just have crazy markups as they are the intermediate.

We just need it for a few hours. It will be a simple ceremony (not much deco, no need to cruise to far islands, etc)

Would like to see if anyone can share any yacht/ boat owner contacts with us so we can reach out directly! Thank you so much!

- Time: Just a few hours in the PM
    - Pickup: Central / TST
    - Guests: <25
    - Route: along Harbour is fine
    For something a bit more photogenic than the usual, which would be very memorable for you and your guests, why not contact the folks who manage the Aqualuna, which I think is one of two surviving Sampan's in HK, ( The other is the Duk Ling I think ) and is a resident feature of HK harbour. I've been on it for a private event charter and it was a pretty cool gig.

https://aqualuna.com.hk/reservation/booking

Last edited by Skyhook; 03-11-2020 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    Of course they can.
    Like I said, I wasn’t sure. That waterway between central and tst has a lot of commercial traffic so wasn’t sure if there were some permit required for leisure craft to Sail through. To be honest you don’t see many in that area other than when the fireworks are on I guess.

Anyway my friend confirms what you say and they have taken their boat there before but they can’t help on this occasion

Quote Originally Posted by rani:
    Have you tried Jubilee?

They have an entire fleet of boats suitable for every budget

https://jubilee.com.hk/boatrental/our-fleet/

No I didn't!

Thank you for the tip. Let me message them to find out more.

Thank you so much, Trebor.

Appreciate your kind help nonetheless.

No I didn't!

Thank you for the heads up. Let me message them and check.

I have checked with other charter companies / yacht platform, but the price is usually higher with the commission (understandable but would like to skip that if possible).

Much appreciated!