Like Tree74Likes

Where to report bar breaking covid rules?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Won’t anyone think of the bar owners????

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...4-20210321.htm

Quote Originally Posted by utkonos9:
    Last night I went on a date, and we went to a "restaurant" in Central. I was pretty shocked to find that it was basically a bar, and almost nobody, including most of the bar staff, were wearing masks. My friend also said that basically nobody in Central is following the covid rules, and she had been to "a standup comedy night" last Thursday.

I'm sure that the authorities are aware, but I still think it should be reported, and I am hoping that there is a hotline or web form to report a breach like this. However, I can't find one.

It seems unfair that expats are doing whatever they want when everyone else has to live under severe restrictions, and I think they should get the full Elliott Ness treatment. My colleagues are already blaming foreigners for the recent gym outbreak, so I don't see why some expats are so keen to take even more risks.
    Grow up
    Go and get vaccinated
    Come back when you have some perspective
    JP89 and traineeinvestor like this.

@utkonos9 like those just said... take a look at some of the other threads. Expats are keenly getting vaccinated in HK. It's possible many of those you saw already got their first injection.

Last night I went on a date, and we went to a "restaurant" in Central. I was pretty shocked to find that it was basically a bar, and almost nobody, including most of the bar staff, were wearing masks.
    well i think that bar staff not wearing masks is a real problem though

but i will give them some slack if they were wearing the big "vaccination" badge

soon, though, the expat peel street cluster would be quite herd immune in my view

Police don't give a monkeys about what's happening inside a premises even if that premises is completely open to the footpath via sliding doors etc.

Witness Peel Street... constant pestering of anyone on the street, especially if they are Chinese. Zero fucks given about what's going on inside. Especially after the recent cluster e everyone knows what they are risking... look after yourself and get vaccinated.

Last night I went on a date, and we went to a "restaurant" in Central. I was pretty shocked to find that it was basically a bar, and almost nobody, including most of the bar staff, were wearing masks. My friend also said that basically nobody in Central is following the covid rules, and she had been to "a standup comedy night" last Thursday.

I'm sure that the authorities are aware, but I still think it should be reported, and I am hoping that there is a hotline or web form to report a breach like this. However, I can't find one.

It seems unfair that expats are doing whatever they want when everyone else has to live under severe restrictions, and I think they should get the full Elliott Ness treatment. My colleagues are already blaming foreigners for the recent gym outbreak, so I don't see why some expats are so keen to take even more risks.
    Report it to 5-0.

I would report the staff not wearing masks, totally unacceptable. As for the patrons, that’s why I’m not dining indoors until I’m fully vaxxed as you can’t eat or drink without a mask.

Elegiaque, hike and jayinhongkong like this.

One can report quarantine breaching, but I don't know about breaking of rules being reported.

"Live and let live". Lol. That doesn't apply in a critical time like this pandemic. It's for the welfare of the mass that we're endorsing the safety measures, and not just for a particular community or an individual.

The cynicism of people amazes me.

While you're at it I can give you a list of illicit bars in Mongkok and Jordon that still run along with 100's of 7-11s where old men gather for a beer and a smoke in the evenings.
    Sage and calmathetic9 like this.

Yeah live and let live...until it's something you care about. Funny enough, it's not live and let live when it comes to being vaccinated for quite a few. Is it live and let live when people smoke in a non smoking zone? Is it live and let live when someone decides to drink and drive? That's generally a hypocritical statement that simply means that it's not something an individual cares about. I don't mind too much when people break rules or laws except when it can directly impact other people.

hannah01 and jayinhongkong like this.