Like Tree24Likes

Anita

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by timonoj:
    Reading her wiki I noticed she passed just one month right after this song. She truly was waving goodbye here.
    Tragic and sad, but then I have to say, what a way to go, I guess that is what Anita wants anyway, not to go out with a whisper but with a bang. And fans, friends and family sure remember her last concert appearance. I suppose it was kinda like Elvis Presley putting on his last concert in 1977 at Market Square Arena, Indianpolis. The King died less than a month later. Of course, one big difference was that while Elvis knew he was in poor health, he didn't know he will die in less than a month, whereas Anita knew her end was coming, even if she didn't know the exact time.

Quote Originally Posted by timonoj:
    Reading her wiki I noticed she passed just one month right after this song. She truly was waving goodbye here.
    What I understand is that she's already very sick (cancer) and dying during these last 8 concerts. She was actually using her will power to carry out the performance. Every time as soon as she left the stage, she couldn't stand up and needed to lie down and then when she needed to perform again, she forced herself up to do it.
    Coolboy likes this.

I see "Seems like an old friend" song got shut down by youtube for copyright reasons, no problem, here is another version of the song, with English subtitles (if you read the lyrics, it reflects her life in a way, that is why it is one of her most popular songs, she is almost literally singing out her own personal longings):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO8n-OMKuVU

I came to HK just as she passed away so I never really got to know her songs, just like Leslie Cheung. But she had a great vocal range. I loved that she sang in a deeper voice.

She was an Ars*-kicker for her time.

hongkong7 likes this.

Looks like the late Anita Mui's good-for-nothing brother is suing the film production company behind the biopic for copyright infringement:

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...2%80%99-biopic

Just came back from the cinema, never seen my partner cry so much during a movie before. The taps opened somewhere midway and then just kept going. She was all exhausted after and had a headache from all the crying

Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy:
    The taps opened somewhere midway and then just kept going. She was all exhausted after and had a headache from all the crying
    Well she won't give you a hard time after she is emotionally drained, probably will take her a little while to recharge her batteries.

Free Tram rides on Dec 30th apparently from the Anita Film making company.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2