Like Tree20Likes

Kung Hei Fat Choi - Year of Cat / Rabbit

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kung Hei Fat Choi - Year of Cat / Rabbit

Name:  happy_year_of_the_rabbit_cat_2023_1443535345.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  52.8 KB
    shri and Drunken Master like this.

Because we never got our act together to make dinner plans on CNY while in Hong Kong, we started a tradition of eating at a restaurant we could get into without reservations and they always ended up being Indian food. We continued that tradition today going to "Little India" in Jersey City and eating dosas and getting takeaway biryani. Happy New Year, GXP!

Name:  gcny2023.png
Views: 604
Size:  265.8 KB

Happy New Year for the second time in less than 30 days...

Kung Hei Fat Choi.

So will there be fireworks or not? They announced on Dec 20 they cancelled Lunar New Year fireworks, but they also announced on Dec 6 they would cancel NYE fireworks and then had a show.

Quote Originally Posted by NateM:
    So will there be fireworks or not? They announced on Dec 20 they cancelled Lunar New Year fireworks, but they also announced on Dec 6 they would cancel NYE fireworks and then had a show.
    Don't think there is anything major planned...

https://www.discoverhongkong.com/in/...appenings.html

Thanks for the wishes! I am hoping that maybe this will be the year we in our Care Home get to go out of the gates for the first time in 3 + years, I could even get a haircut, maybe, or go in a shop , or a restaurant! Its been tough , believe me!

shri, Insomnia, hullexile and 2 others like this.

It's a shame that we purchased plane tickets for next month instead. We should've witnessed and enjoyed the Chinese New Year.

Quote Originally Posted by ren32:
    Thanks for the wishes! I am hoping that maybe this will be the year we in our Care Home get to go out of the gates for the first time in 3 + years, I could even get a haircut, maybe, or go in a shop , or a restaurant! Its been tough , believe me!
    Hope all goes well this year. I think you are my favourite poster

Quote Originally Posted by Get_Lost:
    It's a shame that we purchased plane tickets for next month instead. We should've witnessed and enjoyed the Chinese New Year.
    CNY in HK is great because so LITTLE happens. Ha ha. You didn't miss much. Just all your guards/cleaners etc saying hello for the first time ever and looking expectant.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast