Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Elegiaque
  • 1 Post By Cheeky Kiwi
  • 1 Post By Crankshaft
  • 1 Post By holasNic

Ocean Park - Wait Times

Ocean Park - Wait Times

Didn’t wish to start a new thread. Went to OP today and was incredibly disappointed. So many rides closed permanently and two of the thrill rides left closed today for maintenance. At one point a 2 hour queue for the big coaster and most of the exciting rides were upwards of 40 minutes. 45 min queue for the cable car and we got there 10 mins before 10. We took the train to the end. Did the bottom first and the cable car coming back was still walk straight on around 2pm. I’d recommend that option. I didn’t think the food and drink was that overpriced for a theme park.

I don’t know if they’re still losing money but there are vast areas of path leading to fuck all. There’s no signs to the Sea Lion Pavillion.

I think if you had young kids there is plenty for them to do and not much queue for the kids rides but anything other than that forget it. The place has the opportunity to be much better than it is but unless they sort their act out I think they’re on borrowed time.

HK in a nutshell

holasNic likes this.

Yeah, I think I posted a rant the last time we went (2022?). Riding a Rollercoaster masked, with every other row left empty for spacing, bringing the queue down to a crawl. Massive waits for the Hair Raiser (I gave up). The Dragon and Mine Train have been closed, right? I think for new things to be installed, but those were a key part of a small constellation of big rides. Without them there's not much point of (adults) going to a theme park. It wsdia big disappointment, we left very early. Will keep my happy memory of our first time there in 2017 when I felt transported far away from work troubles

hullexile likes this.

Same as in 2020. Huge non-socially distanced queue for the big roller coaster, only because they kept every other row empty to ‘fight the virus’

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...without-profit

When it comes to profitability the other 'attraction' is not doing well either.

Ocean Park has made some good (amid bad) changes over the years. Its decline was probably caused by external factors rather than its own deficiency.

I got 6 free tickets and went with friends in December. If someone were to offer me free tickets again I would decline. Boring AF.

holasNic likes this.

if you meant young kids, like elementary school age, then sure. lol Otherwise, that place is boring af now

Place was awesome and well taken care of under Ziman's leadership.

Peaky likes this.

Went there once many years ago with my then 12 year old daughter, never went again.

Definitely don't go on a weekend.