Like Tree26Likes

Many bars are selling fake alcohol in HK

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicYouth1:
    You should write a review on google/trustpilot

I had a similar experience with a new speakeasy bar which was actually quite pricey. Had about 4 cocktails, felt tipsy but fine. Then woke up at 3am to use the bathroom, blacked out and fell headfirst onto this suitcase in my room which was also used to hang clothes. Ouch
    That's terrible. Have you got a head trauma?

I still can't figure out why it happens to me after some particular bars and on that cruise. I just stopped going there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix2:
    This the issue, our health, our time and productivity being destroyed whilst they make a few bucks....
    If it didn't give us headaches and make of feel like crap, it would not be such of an issue.
    Yesterday a restaurant in central did me with their whiskey.
    Probably, it's not just changing a more expensive drink with cheaper one. I had a 79 hkd tequila from Fusion on Saturday and felt perfectly on Sunday. I think they really diluted that tequila on a cruise with something (water + some ethanol?), but I have no idea what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I don't understand. You don't want to report them because the bars would be punished but you hope the government would test them which would result in the bars being punished.
    As soon as the first bar in is tested, what do you think the other bars in the f&b group in the proximity will do?
    Do you think they would carry on selling fake and risk getting caught?

Deterrence is best instead of mass testing instead of fining everyone or stripping their liquor license.

Thieving barstewards.

Get these bars named and shamed.

Original Post Deleted
    It is like blaming the Ebeneezers you ate after a heavy night in Wan Chai for feeling sick.
    TheBrit likes this.

actually how do you propose to test the content in a bottle of whiskey/vodka/gin and prove its of the right brand ? i would expect most of these alcohol are fairly close, just differing taste ? I doubt the test carried out by any of the government lab is going to tell you the whiskey sold pretending to be A is actually B.

if you really keen, let the big vodka and whisky shops know about it and they can have their own testing system. Would then be interesting to see how they verify if the whiskey in the bottle belong to themselves or some private backstreet distiller.

Drink at home.

Easier, shouldn't be a queue for the toilet and a bed at the ready.

Crankshaft and angeluscomplex like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiga:
    Drink at home.

Easier, shouldn't be a queue for the toilet and a bed at the ready.
    And a F ton cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by Crankshaft:
    And a F ton cheaper
    The live band in the living room would annoy the neighbours.
    gunsnroses likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    The live band in the living room would annoy the neighbours.
    Not if it is Black Widow, sadly disbanded with 2-3 of them in a reformed group but not the bass and lead guitarist. Both were simply immense. I’m not sure but I think It was financial due to Covid restrictions. I’ll ask next time I venture into Taboo. Haven’t been there for months!

Unless of course anyone here is in the know.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4