• 2 Post By paddylast
  • 1 Post By muzzdang
  • 3 Post By SometimesInHK
  • 1 Post By TimAllman
  • 1 Post By PBPBPBPB

TVB Pearl - Continuity Announcer?

TVB Pearl - Continuity Announcer?

Can anyone answer me this?

I’ve been coming to Hong Kong for nearly thirty years. My parents lived there for nearly a decade. In all that time, the same guy has been doing the continuity announcements on TVB Pearl. He's got a terrible voice and a terrible delivery, and he's been pretty bad the entire time, but I’ve become rather fond of him.

who is he?

dave_van_damn likes this.

Sorry can't help you there.

Pearl is such a depressing channel I'm not sure anything ever changes. Somehow they have decided that extreme cake makers is a winning formula to show for years on end, not to mention their property programmes that never seem to feature the 100 - 200 square foot homes that most of their viewers might some day aspire to owning.

I always love to tune in for their blockbuster movies though (from the 1980's) or Fast the the Furious (fortunately there's nearly enough of them to have a constant loop for 52 Saturdays of the year).

muzzdang and dave_van_damn like this.

La Dolce Vista is sometimes watchable...

aquaman likes this.

I unironically love TVB Pearl for having the vibes of a small US channel from 30 years ago. It's like a living museum of television.

Quote Originally Posted by TimAllman:
    Can anyone answer me this?

I’ve been coming to Hong Kong for nearly thirty years. My parents lived there for nearly a decade. In all that time, the same guy has been doing the continuity announcements on TVB Pearl. He's got a terrible voice and a terrible delivery, and he's been pretty bad the entire time, but I’ve become rather fond of him.

who is he?
    My wife and I were having the same conversation last week. The same guy has been doing voice overs for about 40 years - I’d love to know a bit about him. Probably has a few good stories.

Look up all these names and find your guy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/News_At_Seven-Thirty

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/robert.carroll.900/

Robert Carroll
    TVB Pearl
    . Channel announcer and TV promo writer. Entries in New York Film ... Writing in-house programme promos i.e. selecting cuts for producer and writing ...

This is the TVB Pearl continuity announcer, I think; but the linked FB page doesn't seem to fit.

OP, why don't you write to TVB Pearl and ask, and confirm here who he is?

Last edited by shri; 08-12-2023 at 12:02 PM. Reason: fixed
    dave_van_damn likes this.

Sorry, I don't know how my post included those Google links and white space.