Looking for friends, 30s non-drinkers

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by itssammy:
    hey annert..
    apart frm being a non-drinker.. im a veggie too...so its always harder for me to find the right place.. !! .. but i cud join for the meetup if there is one !!

@ satchi.. if its with age and title, even im not comfy..as im in mid-20s !!! hehe...
    hey itssammy, I'm pretty used to being the odd one (like usually I'm the only one turning down alcohol). Perhaps this time you and I will both be the outliers, albeit at different ends

Hello all/ fearless leader annert,
    If I may... the proposed plan is meet up at Central for 18:30 / 19:00 and then mosey on down/up to the Peak Tram station (Annert can you check its open tonight?) where no doubt there will be around a 1/2 hour queue but it will be a good chance to introduce ourselves to each other... then presuming we will be up on the Peak by circa 19:30 / 20:00 we have a good 2 hours to enjoy the spectacular view / visit Madame Tussauds or just plain relax and chat.

Afterwards time permitting perhaps we can grab some dinner at one of HK's many, many, many restaurants.

If you cant make it dont worry and I hope you all have a great Christmas. If you can perhaps you would be kind enough to furnish annert with your contact details (mobile number/name) via private message so that we can all maintain contact (in case of late joiners).

So close to Christmas may mean many of you cannot make it tonight but perhaps this can be the first of many outings...

Would have joined if the outing did not involve the trip to the peak. Next time then unless you all think its worthwhile to just sit in a coffee house at a lower altitude.

So I got quite some responses to my only post on this thread.....
    I do not fancy alcohol and am a vegetarian. I could join you guys for dinner if you can make it back by 9:00pm.

Places that have good veg food in Central.. hmm... let me think......Bombay Dreams(Indian), Assaf (lebanese), Beirut and Ebenezeer (not really resturants). There is always pizza/pasta/burgers . And oh the thai place in LKF has some good curry and salad.

Let me know which one (if any) are you guys up for.

Food seems like a good way to end the evening perhaps you want to im annert you're details...

I'm willing to do night time coffee (or eating) in Central as well.

ok its best we fix I time.. I dont want all the logistics to happen JIT. How is 8:30pm at Central MTR (inside or outside for people on ther way back from the peak)?

I just got a text from Anne (she PM'd me via the site with her number), who says dinner will be at 8, and it will be in Central, but at a venue to be determined.

Hello all,
    thanks for the great evening - truly good fun. I appreciate this was however a bit ad hoc, next time I'm sure we should plan better - but interesting to see that people did turn up anyway the day before Christmas Eve... again suggestions for places/activity would be appreciated and be subject to open review (!=Flaming).

I propose we set up the next meeting for our group together. With a full schedule set up in advance... and remember we're all strangers until we meet - heard it in movie seems to apply. Hence participation can only be guaranteed if we get some real 'buy-in' (sorry phrase even makes me cringe sometimes)... have a great Christmas all and a wonderful New Year...

Missed this gathering but am definitely looking forward to meeting you all.

Have a great holidays and see you next year.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast