Like Tree5Likes

Place for good British food?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Wouldn't judge anyone on that! There are 3 veggie options on the Dotcod menu (you can see it on their website) - aubergine nut roast; coriander and chickpea burgers; artichoke, sundried tomato, red onion & rocket penne. Not the most exciting choices but something....

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    I look down upon vegans...

Cougar Town - Why Ellie doesn't like people - 'vegan, vegan, vegan'

There's a small place in Pottinger St located just behind some stalls that does good Brit food. Other than that, you're in HK - the handover was years ago, if you really want good, solid Brit food that doesn't resemble gastro pub style, then head back to E17 - IG7.

Yes -- if you don't like Hong Kong's fish and chips, you know where the airport is!

Quote Originally Posted by Natfixit:
    There's a small place in Pottinger St located just behind some stalls that does good Brit food.
    That's The Chippy which has been mentioned a couple of times before in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    Wouldn't judge anyone on that! There are 3 veggie options on the Dotcod menu (you can see it on their website) - aubergine nut roast; coriander and chickpea burgers; artichoke, sundried tomato, red onion & rocket penne. Not the most exciting choices but something....
    Those sound good to me.

Yeah my dad's vegetarian and he struggled a bit especially when we went to the mainland! but those 3 dishes sound damn tasty

+1 on the Globe. My UK friends say the pies and grub there are both top notch. (Im american and dont know any better....but I'd smack any number of you for one of their Lamb Shank sammiches...)

Well the only problem is with HK fish and chips is that they don't do proper beer batter and they don't use cod either..

Chippy is ok.. but haven't find any places that use REAL home made potato chips yet..

Quote Originally Posted by tofuoberry:
    the prawn have good fish & chips @$125 + service charge.
    The Pawn you mean?