Vero Chocolate

Closed Thread

Vero Chocolate

Has anybody tried this Vero Chocolate out?

I had its hot chocolate (HK$35) at its newly opened store (1 month) at 1 Fenwich Pier in Admiralty but I'm too new to hot chocolate to judge them except that it's a very expensive one for me.

To me, the shop is really nicely decorated I wish all artisan cafes in Hong Kong did to their shops to this level. It also host the chocolate factory on site.

http://www.verochocolates.com/home.htm

You can find more detail on openrice

http://www.openrice.com/restaurant/c...mentid=1964432

While they claimed they are artisan chocolatier, I couldn't help myself suggesting them to serve artisan coffee as they used Lavazza. No hope as I was told they are related to Lavazza.

Address: 1/F, Fenwick Pier (kinda opposite CITIC Tower in Admiralty). Tel: 2559-5882

The hot cooca that they try to pass off as hot chocolate at PCC and Starbucks is a shame, but it's what one should expect at such places. :/ I appreciate the existence of Vero, but I don't really like their chocolate. It is simple enough to make hot chocolate yourself, assuming that you can find good quality chocolate to make it with. I like mine with a bit of five spice and chili powder.

Their chocolates are pretty good! I went on Saturday (after finally figuring out where they actually are) and completely stuffed myself!
    They now offer muffins, cakes, loads of hot and cold chocolate drinks. The lounge is beautiful with a collection of expensive furniture from Japan on sale, and all the furniture you sit on are from Italy.

They said they offer personalised chocolates too and are working with some major hotels--does anybody know which hotels are they?

We went a couple of weekends ago, too hot outside to drink the hot chocolate, but the iced chocolate drink was good. As were the chocolates.
    Staff was great, as we had a little issue.
    Fenwick Pier is tough to find, though, if you don't know where it is. Easiest access is from Admiralty MTR, (as opposed to the Wan Chai ferry pier, but I would take a cab the first time.
    Too bad the view is somewhat spoiled by the construction; ditto for the hamburger joint downstairs.