Clubs,bars and big nights out?

Clubs,bars and big nights out?

Need all your knowledge and expertise here!!!

Me and my girlfriend are going to hk from the 15th -30th july. We are 20 and from scotland.

We need suggestions from people actually living in hk or have lived there, to suggest good clubs and bars.

As you can imagine we dont have an endless supply of money and are not wanting to sit in some oyster bar! We want to have a good laugh, a good drink and meet some people around about the same age.

We like most music. Dance,Hip hop, R&B, indie, trance.

If anyone can suggest some good places to check out or any big nights arranged during our holiday that are not too expensive let us know.

Cant wait to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clubs

Hey.. There are so many places. But if you want to have fun you get together on one of the sat get togethers we have to meed nice people and great evening...Any way LKF and Wan Chai has some good bars....

if you can spare a tenner for a couple of beers, and i did note you were a jock so probably not (had to get that one sent north of the border) go and have a drink in felix...top of the peninsula hotel...not perhaps what you are after re great fun, but will offer you an unforgettable night view of hong kong... you will not have a problem with venues to have a good time...lan kwai fong, wanchai, tsim sa tsui, knutsford terrace, soho....they all offer something.

hey all. Im new here too. Im going to HK this summer and would like some advices in HKs Nightlife ! I currently live in Montreal (IMO the best place for nightclubs in Canada). ;P So whats up in HK? Im into hiphop/rnb/reggae/trance/techno. Also, I just turned 18, I hope HK is not 21+.:S

nights out in HK

Been in HK for 21 years - should have some insight for you... HK is 18 years old and above for boozing...
    Cheap drinks can be had in most bars early evening for Happy hour - either 2 4 1 or cheaper than standard drinks. Not many clubs that won't rip your wallet out of your pocket at the door and expect you to be "on the list" - but there's lots of small places in Wanchai, around Central (Soho, Lan Kwai Fong etc), but they all reach between HK$50 - 70 for standard drinks and bottles on most nights of the week. Ladies' nights in Wanchai and Central can offer free drinks all night long for Ladies, and some hotel bars do beer buffets for certain times of the week. Recommend you look at HK Magazine (www.asia-city.com) or BC Magazine (www.bcmagazine.net) for reviews, listings and recommendations. Hong Kong is one of (if not the) safest cities in the world, so don't be scared to get hammered late at night - people will all help you find your way around - ask in any of the bars or restaurants and you'll be helped. Have fun!

Umm they were here last year!

Good info but somewhat late!

clubs, bars & big nights out

Oh well, better late than never, I suppose...

The info should come in useful for anyone else who reads it...