Taking Clients out for dinner

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Taking Clients out for dinner

Hi

We have our a very important client coming in town and wanted to take them out for dinner to Wagyu on 26th March but apparently they are already full for 7.30 slot.

Need some suggestions where to take them. Prefer some place on HKSide.

Thanks for your help

Try Azure in Hotel LKF. MUCH better views and you'll not have to worry about breathing gas fumes all evening.

Not sure what their booking situation is.

http://www.azure.hk/

Last edited by shri; 27-02-2009 at 02:52 PM. Reason: changed website

Sevva if you want a magnificent view. Just love it. A great place to impress someone with HK's skyline but a tad hit and miss on the service/quality of food/price. Maybe drinks there then head out to dinner?

Thanks but where is Sevva?

found it thanks

Hopefully they've improved ... used to have a too cool for school attitude towards customers.

http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread28034.html

Read this gem ...

http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/post222047-21.html

Last edited by shri; 27-02-2009 at 03:46 PM.

thanks after reading so many bad reviews better to avoid it

Watermark - service and wine list absolutely impeccable but some of my colleagues found the slight movements of ferries docking to be rather disconcerting. Not for those that get seasick but for those who want to feel the earth move ;-p

I've never had any problems personally with the service at Sevva. I guess if you're worried about it it might not be where you want to take a client however I really recommend you check it out some time yourself. I find the view one of the best in the city.

I have friends that go to Sevva all the time and love it. Anytime they have friends in town it's their first stop. I guess you have to take some of the reviews you read out there with a grain of salt. If you've had a bad experience you're more likely to write about it than if you have a good one. You know the saying, have a good experience tell one person, have a bad and tell 10. I know I've only written two reviews in my life on hotels and both times it was because they were so bad. I've had other great hotel experiences and never bothered to write about them. Probably should!

Last edited by aussiegal; 28-02-2009 at 12:22 AM.

>> You know the saying, have a good experience tell one person, have a bad and tell 10.

And ANY brand manager (which is what a floor manager at an establishment like Sevva is...) will tell you NEVER let even one person find a reason to complain.

Having said that, if you read through that thread, the restaurant was slammed by HK, Timeout and about half a dozen GeoExpats (some of whom are even bankers... ).

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast