places to o dancing in kowloon, TST

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Wow first post! I'm from the hkclubbing forums but they've died down a lot recently so I've made the switch over to Geoexpat... pleased to meet you all!

Anyhoo the clubs on TST side tend to be interesting to say the least. Cyber and the other one play remixed Cantopop tunes at about 150bpm and the clubs are generally full of triad gangs. If you're going out that way, best be extra careful.

On another note, you mentioned that you're sick of the LKF and Wan Chai bars? Have you ever tried out SoHo? Yumla, Drop and a few others up that way and have more of a 'clubbing' feel and some decent dance music if thats what you're looking for.

Hope this helps,

Dave

I guess TST / Kowloon is out then and LKF it is !

I'm also going to take up the Latin Dance offer ... so you will hear from me soon !

Saltwater.

Drop is nice, but don't you think $80/drink is steep?

Rani

Thats the price you pay when you are a "pretty people"

Quote Originally Posted by saltwater:
    On another note, you mentioned that you're sick of the LKF and Wan Chai bars? Have you ever tried out SoHo? Yumla, Drop and a few others up that way and have more of a 'clubbing' feel and some decent dance music if thats what you're looking for.
    Yumla is very very small - but the music is great (drum'n'bass).
    Still looking for a decent lounge type hip-hop place in HK.

any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mina917:
    Im guessing one of them is Cyber8. Its full of local kids who take drugs & cant dance!!
    hehehe - a couple of my friends saw the lineup outside Cyber8 on a Wed (it was soooo long, the queue went around the street corner) - so we checked it out the next night (when u were at Carngies in Wan Chai!!), paid the $150 cover charge .... and were were the only ones at the bar. The floor was empty. It was hell funny (and sad).

But when people started to turn up, we did get stared at alot ....

IMO - Insomnia is a great place to chill

I'll see you again in a couple weeks! =)

Any cheap cover price, cheap drinks but have good disco? Also, no dress code either.

ANYONE KNOWS ANY LATIN NIGHT? I LOVE SALSA AND WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT IT. THANKS - Mina