Star Trek - Early Reviews

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

The movie is available to download online but personally I prefer to wait for the full cinema experience for that one...

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    The movie is available to download online but personally I prefer to wait for the full cinema experience for that one...
    That's gotta be illegal though given it has not even been released?

The people that have been prosecuted in Hong Kong and worldwide are the ones that originally upload the movies and the sites that host. Trying to chase every Tom, Dick and Harry that download movies/music would be futile and costly.

In any case, I think that the movie experience with something like Star Trek is severely diminished by using one of these copies. The ones that are ripped from a proper DVD are much better and if you project on a large screen TV, it's OK. TV programs are also excellent but the early release of movies are almost always from cam in cinemas and are usually of very questionable quality.

Technically you don't have to seed and leech download to enjoy a very good copy of this movie. There is a streaming site with high bandwidth supplying the service over 8 - 10 mirrors. The print is a Russian Cam copy with an 8 / 8 rating so very reasonable unless you want full screen everything.

Can't wait to see it in the theater with Dolby et al although it being a prequal, the story line is a bit weird and large areas of dialogue must have been cut to get a reasonable running time.

Answer - No I won't tell you where its posted ( even on PM ) or our dear leader will be very upset with me.

i just watched star trek this weekend in ny, and it was a really good movie in general. having never been a fan of the original series or its subsequent spinoffs, the new star trek movie proved to be a perfect mix of backstory and action. the pretty actors and fancy graphics didn't hurt either. heard the cast is already signed for the next couple of sequels, so we have something to look forward to.

Last edited by TCNY; 13-05-2009 at 01:54 AM.

BTW about the dates... I've been to an actual theatre yesterday and asked, June 4 is confirmed.

fm7

I'm an on and off follower of Star Trek and I'm kind of looking forward to this one. It's looks good and the premise is cool.

But, man, J.J. Abrams? Created Lost and Cloverfield, directed MI3, wrote Armageddon.

I've got a bad feeling about this.

All my geek friends liked it. And Wil Weathon liked it too. So I guess I won't be disappointed :-)

Raised in Toronto, Enjoying life in HK now

I watched it somewhere on the web (couldn't wait any longer) and thought it was pretty good. I'll definitely watch it again on the big screen though. Grew up with the Star Trek series and this represented it quite well. Lots of action and awesome cast! Esp. Spock! Hehe..

Well, the UA site now has dates, times, and prices. Sadly, no IMAX

I think I'm going on the Thursday evening in Tung Chung.