Trafalgar

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I suspect the problem was that they didn't realise the extent to which gweilos are happy to drink without eating. The $10 cider was probably put there to bring in people who they thought would eat, and it probably works quite well for the lunchtime crowd (which was entirely local apart from us 3 gweilos), but if, say, a gweilo rugby team descended on the place then they would drink barrels of stuff at $10/pint without buying much else, which would blow holes in the business plan because $10 is pretty much marginal cost I would guess.

Last edited by PDLM; 05-06-2009 at 12:51 AM.

We were there on Saturday night and drank $10 Magners from 6pm until 12.30am, so it's still on.

The food wasn't bad either. A night out for two with food for $420! Not bad at all.

Good to know that the $10 offer is still going - I could well be round there tomorrow for some of that!

And I always think it's a good thing if some food items run out occasionally - it tends to suggest that it is freshly made.

Will you be showing the Lions tests for the next two weekends? And will the cider still be $10 even then?

Quote Originally Posted by sam__tam:
    wait wait wait..
    the Magner offer is finished already ...
    You might want to consider updating your website then:

A mailing list signup option on the site would be good too.

PS KIA _ why do I seem to have lost the ability to post images inline?
    Last edited by PDLM; 25-06-2009 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:

PS KIA _ why do I seem to have lost the ability to post images inline?
    It's not just me then. Thought I was being a total dipstick and had forgotten how to do it.

Yeah sorry about the $10 Magner. We had a group of like 20 people who drank like 5 pints each and empty out 2 kegs in one night. Yes that 200 pints of cider...
    Seems to be the case every day. Ended up at Trafalgar a few weeks ago and no cider.

Their overall collection of beer is nice ... but expensive.

o man no way $10 bucks? ive been there once i think, its the one in wan chai right? its definitely a rare outdoor dining place in hk... it just made me wanna go there tonight again!

As the manager/owner said:

Quote Originally Posted by sam__tam:
    the Magner offer is finished already ...

Was there 2 weeks ago with this event (Hong Kong GeoExpat - The Next Event - 18th June 2009) thinking of the HKD10 pint, was disappointed so we moved somewhere else for food.

Hey Sam, how's about a special for Geoexpatters?

Ken

I just went there last night, it was a little bit odd...the waiters looked like they were all working there for the first day, the stereo was terrible...it was either too loud or too quiet. It wasn't like that the first time I went though