Trafalgar

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

A bit like changing wives like?

I am really sorry to hear that some of you may not like Trafalgar. And I would love to listen to anyone who has bad experience in Trafalgar. You are welcomed to PM me or even drop down during any evening and talk to me directly over a pint or may be 2.

Any recommendations or comments are also welcomed, whether PM or if you really feel the need to post it on forum then it is ok too. Unlike others, we actually do care about our customer feedbacks regardless it is positive or negative.

Business is hard, specially when we are on the 5th floor. However we are working our butt off to fix those problems that we have. And again PDLM, I am really sorry you have not benefited from the Magner offer. I would sincerely invite you to come over during evening and I will buy you some Magner and then you could advise us on how to improve our business.
    Sam

Sam,
    I think there are some teething troubles and quirky aspects to the bar that need ironing out. Most bar owners don't come onto a messageboard to find out what people think so don't be surprised if the responses are critical but it's best to know what's good and bad innit? If they are the bar should do well even on the 5th floor (agreed that bars above street level have a tougher job to attract in trade) - especially with the outside area where people can smoke.
    As for the Magners offer - whatever - it's gone we'll get over it - just offer some good deals for ICL and appledrink and you'll be forgiven.
    Might even call in later this week when I get back from Dirtland.

"And again PDLM, I am really sorry you have not benefited from the Magner offer. I would sincerely invite you to come over during evening and I will buy you some Magner and then you could advise us on how to improve our business."

You could sell tickets to that event, so please look at it as a promotional opportunity for GeoExpat members. You could even run a book on some of the suggestions that might be offered.

I think the Jedi Council needs to meet at Trafalgar and break the youngling Sam Tan into the ways of marketing to expats.

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by shri; 06-07-2009 at 09:00 AM.

I've been to Trafalagar a few times now;
    - first couple were in the evening, yes, during the $10 Magner offer, well appreciated thanks! (although, I prefer Blackthorn)
    - Subsequent times were Saturday afternoon's for lunch

- All times, nice, polite, friendly and efficient service
    - Reasonable prices (even without the $10 offer!)
    - Decent food (although, my girlfriend complains that the beef was only available on 1 of our 3 visits on a Saturday!!)

Would I go back? Surely yes. I love the terrace!
    Good luck guys

I visited for the first time on Saturday afternoon a around 4pm...

For what its worth - the place was quiet (as most other bars are at that time except OCH), but service was good and friendly. I enjoyed a nice pint of Carlsberg and intend on going back...

Good Luck guys!

SamTams attitude is admirable to say the least, especially after the ( unfair ) lets put them out of business online flame bake he received earlier.

Well done Sam, you are a very tolerant and generous man, you will go far in this game, an asset to your boss, as proven already by 3 establishments, with 27 years of experience.

Sort your kitchen staff out, simplify your " PUB " menu and the rest will fall into place.

Good luck and we'll visit the next time we do our once a year visit to that side of HK Island.

Last edited by Skyhook; 06-07-2009 at 11:06 AM.

If only they had something to match the $10 Carnegies promotions..

I've been to the Trafalgar a few times and find the terrace a nice place to drink beer on a Saturday afternoon.

I wouldn't bet on it vanishing just yet.