fun places to go on a date

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

How about Gold Coast, between Tuen Mun and Tsuen Wan. After having dinner there, you may walk along the beach.

Hi PDLM, where else can I find grassed area? Thanks.

Eindoodle, my husband and I like the Towngas Avenue, one at the Causeway Bay, next to the Excelsior Hotel and the other one is next to Star Avenue. After dinner, you can take a walk at the Avenue of Stars.

Hey all, thanks for all the suggestion!
    I remember reading about the Avenue of Stars but I've never been there, I remember reading that it really isn't that great? or am I completely wrong and I should go there? like is it better at night or about the same as during the day?
    I'm leaving this thursday and my weekdays are not good for my girlfriend to go out, so I really only have Sunday ...and if the weather holds, every suggestion so far pretty much goes out the window. Any suggestions for an indoor place to go after dinner? If not, it's cool, I really appreciate all the help! can't wait to use them when I come back to hk! =D

So somewhere inside after dinner - well how about going to a pub with a great view of the harbour? I would recommend either The Felix Bar which is at the top of the Peninsula Hotel, TST or Aqua Spirit which is at the top of One Peking Road, TST. Great views of the harbour and HK Island especially in the rain because the lightening is at eye level!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wee Kean:
    Hi PDLM, where else can I find grassed area?
    There's a large grassy area in Victoria Park (Causeway Bay) that used for various events, but normally just available to sit on when not being used or prepared for something. I think (but I'm not 100% sure - my memory may be playing tricks) that there is also a grassy area next to the kids' playground at Wanchai Gap.

I must admit no more come to mind immediately if what you are after is a "manicured lawn" type of grass area. Personally I spend a lot of time hiking out in the country parks wheres there are lots of places where you can sit on the ground, but the grass is of the wild, natural type rather than the manicured type.

thanks sazzy!

Go to Meli Melo on Wellington...paint together - it's fun! Go to Kowloon Walled City Park and take a photo by the stone carving of your birth animal...
    Check out millions of restaurants of all persuasions...
    Look for the best ever spice cookies on Lamma ... won't tell you where ;-)

Eindoodle, Avenue of Stars is more interesting for people who watch HK movies. The view of HK Island from there is great either in the day time or night time. You can also go to the Museum of Art which is next to the Avenue of Stars (next to Star Ferry) You can get very good view from there.

I like Felix too, especially the toilet (great view... of HK)!

ooo...paint together...interesting idea! lol, JJexpat, the cookies might have to wait till my next visit, but i'll be sure to find them! =P
    thanks for the insight Wee Kean! guess I'll be taking a stroll down Avenue of Stars soon! =D

actually there are horseback riding in HK, too.
    (in New Territories)

Lo Wu Saddle Club (the Club) is a horse riding establishment that is open to members as well as the general public. The Club was formerly a camp for the British Army. There have been equines of one sort or another at Lo Wu Camp for over 30 years. The Camp was built to house over 10 British Army Mules, which were used as pack animals for forays into the hills and along the border, as well as for drills and formal parades. Originally known as the RASC the name was changed to the 81st Pack Troop of the Royal Corps of Transport.

Address: Ho Sheung Heung, Sheung Shui, New Territories, Hong Kong
    Tel: 852-26730066
    Fax: 852-26686752
    Email: [email protected]