Where can I get a decent Philly Cheesesteak in HK?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where can I get a decent Philly Cheesesteak in HK?

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get a decent Philly Cheesesteak sandwich in Hong Kong?

Thanks,
    Bobby

Yeah....make one! I've tried 'em twice in HK (Admiralty Centre and Toppings) and neither of them were any good and nothing like the ones I ate in the US!

The bread, meat, Cheese Whiz and onions all have to be just right! The place in Admiralty doused mine in mustard.

I have had a passable one though--at home!

Last edited by jayinhongkong; 14-06-2009 at 12:10 AM.

I have never had a decent Philly cheesesteak outside of Philly, not even NYC. I highly doubt you will be able to find it here. Oh I miss Philly cheesesteaks and Hoagies. Oh yes and gravy cheese criss cross fries. Yum.

Archie Bs on the escalators is pretty good....

Also, Dan Ryans in PP

Archie B's is awful if you want a real Philly cheesesteak, passable if you don't know any better.

And, mmmm, hoagies. I wish Wawa would open a store here.

Duke's Deli in Central/Sheung Wan isn't bad.

i dont know about you guys...but i had "gourmet" cheese steaks, that use real chucks of steak. i like "Steak-Ums". thinly sliced (processed?) beef steaks, with processed cheese drippings and grilled onions, topped with mayo and lettuce. now thats what i want.

ive tried making it at home using sukiyaki beef. its close, but the meat tends to be too tough or stringy.

Had one at Gourmet Cafe in Lee Gardens today but wasn't sure if that was the real deal (yes I know bugg*r-all about "regional" American food). What we got was two spoonfuls of thinly sliced fatty beef (like the ones that you get for Shabu-Shabu), a tiny bit of sauteed onions, loads of cheap mustard, inside a hot dog bun. Reasonably tasty and good value (for $23) but something just didn't feel quite right...

Do enlighten me?

you didn't mention any cheese on your "cheese steak"...

And mustard! I love mustard, but not on a cheesesteak. Two spoonfuls of meat doesn't sound like much either. Bender's right, you need Steak-Ums and Cheez Wiz. Peppers if you want 'em, although they don't do that in Philly unless you ask for it AFAIK.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast