View Poll Results: Is Hong Kong nightlife overrated?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

43 75.44%
  • No

14 24.56%

Is nightlife overrated in Hong Kong?

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

You don't need experience in The Filthy Acre - you just need cash.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    . . . . So what is the function of a club apart from music, dancing, drinking, possibly some rugs, and the possibility of pulling? I'm an old fart so my clubbing days are long gone but that is what it used to be about. If that is what I was looking for I would go to Wan Chai, much cheaper and the possibility of pulling is 100%.
    Young adults have a desperate need for group identity, "us against the world" sort of thing. So a club may satisfy this need.

Biology and genetics tell us that sexual interests are the same for males of almost any age. It's just that a club may not be the place for older guys to pursue those interests.

But from the viewpoint of the club owner and in-groups in a club, the function could be to pull in fresh meat into the spider's web. The bartender may be a recruiter for the owner who is looking for girls to perform various services, or men to be thugs, bag men, etc.

A huge segment of the human population cannot be a part of the office job, corporate world, so clubs service this underground. Clubs are undoubtedly money laundering operations and contraband markets.

Well your last two paragraphs certainly enter the realm of 'outspoken' along with 'debatable' and 'a lot of bollix'.

price wise, yes.
    people and scene wise, no

you shuld really kiddin me...lol
    how can one even call "sugar" a club...its jus a cheap pub where hk students get chance to host their events...n talking abt tht...
    80% of local students actually hang out in mong kok n TST clubs, n non-local students hit any random places or wait for the "ladies night" n hit some place randomly...sugars got nuthing , so u were in the wrong place first of all.... didnt u notice the "shangai club" down...thts a happenin place.. or else check out "dragoni" or check any clubs in hollywood road...

n compared to singapore nite life..Hk rulz!!
    or if u need any tips on events happenin in Hk clubs, lemme know ...I can tip u the gud ones...but never sugar..lol, sugar is always empty, unless some uni guys think of throwing sumthing there

Cheers

That was as painful to read as the Nightlife column in HK Mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Load Toad:
    That was as painful to read as the Nightlife column in HK Mag.
    LOL, i thought I was the only one who thought the Nightlife column in HK mag was a pain.

Oh no - it is widely regarded as the most obnoxious pile of faeces to have ever graced the pages of a free magazine. Absolute tripe. The bloke is so far up his own arse it is untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by Load Toad:
    Oh no - it is widely regarded as the most obnoxious pile of faeces to have ever graced the pages of a free magazine. Absolute tripe. The bloke is so far up his own arse it is untrue.
    Lol - couldn't agree more

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5